1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ID, Ego, or Superego Test.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BryanM, Jun 20, 2013.

?

Are you an ID, Ego, or Superego?

1. ID

20.0%
  2. Ego

60.0%
  3. Superego

20.0%
  1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Ticklish Fish

Your Result
    You are "Ego". The ego is between the Id and the Super-ego; leveling them out. Egos think logically and reasonably and always does things with caution.

3. BornInTexas

You are "Super-ego". The Super-ego acts as the conscience, maintaining our sense of morality. Super-egos try to do what's best for everyone and do what they feel is right.

That last question was difficult.

4. LD579

This is cute, but in theory, everyone has aspects of them that are the id, ego, and superego. It's just a concept, and one can't exactly be just one of those.

I'd take the test but my internet is... slow right now. I'm sure I'd either 'be' the ego or the superego.

At any rate, these 'tests', like many others, are fun to think about and can make us reflect upon our strengths and weaknesses, which is almost never a bad thing. Self awareness in many ways is nice =)

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true. I was always sort of into Sigmund Freud ideology, until I heard he said gay people were gay because of an oral or anal fixation. That kind of turned me off. Still, Id ego and superego seems like a neat concept to me.

6. Hexagon

I'd probably be superego, but I didn't like the response for superegos on the second question.

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope.

I'm more like the 'ego psychologist' conception of ego, rather than the Freudian conception.

Freud figured the id provided all motivation, going 'I want, I want, I want' all the time (pleasure principle). The ego figured out if what you wanted was possible to get, and if so, how (reality principle). Meanwhile, the superego decided if it was moral to get what you wanted (morality principle).

Ego psychologists were a spin-off of Freudian psychology, and they disagreed that all motivation came from the id. They argued that the ego generated its own motivation as well - it wanted to learn. The ego was driven to experiment and figure things out, not just to satisfy the id, but out of a sheer desire to learn.

Then again, this test is acting like they're personality types instead of parts of personality, so it's clearly not following the theory.

8. King

King Guest

Oh.

9. KnownSecret

You are "Ego". The ego is between the Id and the Super-ego; leveling them out. Egos think logically and reasonably and always does things with caution.

10. Martjain

11. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You are "Ego". The ego is between the Id and the Super-ego; leveling them out. Egos think logically and reasonably and always does things with caution

12. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't actually believe in the Super-Ego but that is what they think I am.

13. Amerigo

14. MrBrightside

You are "Id". You think on a basic level. The Id is responsible for our basic drives such as food, sex, and aggressive impulses. Id does not like to make plans and is more spur of the moment.

I agree, but i am the very moral person on alot of things, others im just an impulsive kinda guy :grin:

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another Id here. I suppose I am a freewheeling, fun-loving sort, and a bit impulsive...though I am also very thoughtful, and at points almost overly intellectual.

16. justjade

I am an ego! :grin:

I do think logically most of the time, but at times I can be pretty impulsive. I'm very level-headed most of the time, but during a panic attack or a state of mania, I'm not thinking too straight.

17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are "Id". You think on a basic level. The Id is responsible for our basic drives such as food, sex, and aggressive impulses. Id does not like to make plans and is more spur of the moment.

18. Adarya

I actually knew what this test was about because we used this theory to do a character study on the characters of Lord of the Flies in one of my literature classes a while back.

I managed to get ego, which is what I figured myself to be when we were doing the character studies. Although, I don't think the description on the site really captures what "ego" theoretically is.

19. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

20. GayJay

Yep, iv'e have a lot of sexual/aggressive impulses so i suppose that could be why, and i hate making plans ahead because i always forget about them