1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was so hardcore during day of silence!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gustav, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Were you?

2. Grof142007

meh ill be talking and not talking all day Cause my Family in a Crisis and i must help rely Information :frowning2: But while im at work im not speaking a word Unless it Calling something up in other words no Chit Chat

3. Brandford

yeah but i slipped up a few times, lol i never realized how hard it was to not talk

4. My Names Ashlee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I never realized just how much I talk

5. Connor

Connor Guest

No, I treated it as a normal day and spoke when I pleased.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Me too.

7. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hardly talked, slipped twice, and the reaction was amazing, teachers shook my hand, people said I was doing good thing. I was so shocked by the positive feedback, course now half the school thinks I'm gay, but I'm starting to wonder if thats such a bad thing. It was so amazing!!!!

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Yeah, I slipped up a couple of times. By 3rd period I got too frustrated, and I had to talk anyways 'cause my group was going to pick a topic for our decades project. Anyways, the GSA sponsored it and they were handing out signs for those people that supported the movement. (Gays, Bis, Lesbians, Transsexuals, and Allies) There were a couple of yellow signs out there, so I guess that's a step up. :icon_wink

9. Urman

Urman Guest

I slipped then i just stopped because i kept slipping up. im bad at this :frowning2:

10. biisme

I didn't slip at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. pirateninja

I kinda had to talk to my teacher about where my art coursework was going, but other than a couple of slipped up "yes"s in answer to questions, I think I did alright.

Same time next year?

12. vinylsoda89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i slipped up a couple times,like bumping into someone i'd mutter a "sorry". One of my friends got harassed for participating in the Day of Silence so i had to talk to her,but it was like three sentences.

-d

:music:

13. Brandford

:icon_sad: i rwote on paper most of the day, and i was hoping if one of them would ask if im bi or gey but they didnt, kinda was disappointed about that, i kinda want this my way of comming out

14. pressured

some place in Montana that isn't even on the map
    i feel so poud i didn't talk all day but in the end of the day me and three other friends who did it stood in front of the school after school was out and to break are silence yelled HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY its was so refreasing to talk again so i called my mom :lol:

15. Zak

Zak

I didnt talk...IT WAS UBER HARD!!!!!! I never knew how much I talked! I talk more than a girl who lvoes to gossip! :grin:

16. pwnorton

Today was amazing! I only talked twice.....1) when my dad woke me up this morning i said "yeah"...and 2) in spanish class arguing about me not talking. Lemme explain that a little more.

So I walked into spanish class with a note to show the teacher saying that i haven't spoken all day. she said good, but i'm going to have to talk today. I just shook my head. So I knew that there would be a problem later on in class, so I wrote her another note. It said:

"No he hablado todavía hoy, y no voy a empezar ahora solamente porque usted quiere que yo hable. Este día es muy importante para mi. Lo siento, pero es mi derecho."

Translation:

"I have not spoken yet today, and I'm not going to start now just because you want me to talk. This day is very important to me. I'm sorry, but it is my right."

So when she called on me to talk, I just looked at her and shook my head. She got really angry and said that we had a moment of silence, but now I need to talk. I just stared at her. She then proceeded to give me a lecture about how when she tells me to talk, I need to talk, and that I need to talk right now. I was VERY tempted to give her that note I wrote, but I didn't want to make any more drama in the class. So I spoke for about 4 seconds explaining that I didn't do the reading because I can't find my book (which was true). I got out of having to speak, but she was clearly not happy. I was really really hurt by that. But later on in spanish class, I actually had a little tear of anger. I talked (online) to a couple of friends about class, and they said that it was really rude and out of line for her to do that, and that I should talk to the principle about it. I think that I'm going to, especially since my principle knows that I'm gay.

Oh yea...and the Day of Silence is an all-school thing, but I think that I was the most serious about it. All of my friends were talking, but they were wearing buttons in support, so I'm ok....

One kid started teasing me....saying "If you like being in the company of men, don't say anything"

But yea...I was really hardcore during all of today....It was fun....

17. Jace

our teachers couldnt make us talk and i have to admit i was pretty hardcore! though i slipped once, i said "good" uuggghh lol but yeah waay hardcore

lol my english teacher Mrs. Hollander was participating and that day we had class disscussion over to kill a mocking bird everyone was waving cards in the air and she was typing on the overhead... lol we used both sides of the card and my friend sam had her answer on on side and "I'M HUNGRY!" on the other side guess which side she held up?

18. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No slipups, only one person asked if I was gay. Not many people were participating, from what I could see.

I posted a much longer version in Becky's thread, read my post there if you're interested.

19. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

ARGH! I failed at this activity!!!
    I can't stop talking, and then I keep remembering about The Game (and damn it... I lost the game)

20. Grof142007

Man I Compelty Faild today but I had People who work with me do it just cause they knew i was gay :slight_smile: so i feel that was a good thing

anyoen feel Talkative after being Tongue Tied for so long