1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A tan redhead?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jun 21, 2013.

1. justjade

OK, I'm a very pale redhead, and even though I like to do lots of things outdoors like go fishing or take walks or shop at flea markets and yardsales, I do not tan. Evidently, I have the whitest legs of anyone at my place of employment. They're so white, they glow. And I can't help it. But there have been numerous people throughout my life who have told me I need to get a tan.

I don't want to because 1) I had a roommate in community college (we were both 18) who got skin cancer on her ass from a tanning bed, 2) I don't think it's attractive, and 3) has anyone here actually seen a naturally tan redhead?

I've seen a black/white mixed redhead once. He was obviously black but also had naturally red hair and freckles. That was pretty cool, I have to admit, but I don't think a tan would work for me. So again, has anyone ever seen a naturally tan redhead, or at least one that looked good and not completely fake? I'm not going to go out and tan. I just wanted to know if anyone had seen one.

2. Sarcastic Luck

Isn't going to happen lol. I'm the same age as you and beyond a faint farmer's tan, I've never tanned and frankly, I've never seen a red head with a tan.

3. justjade

I've seen them, but you can always tell that either the skin or hair color or both is fake.

4. Sarcastic Luck

Well, yeah, but you were saying naturally tan.

5. justjade

Oh! So I did. My apologies. :eusa_doh:

6. Sarcastic Luck

Yeah, I've seen plenty of fake red heads with tans, and red heads with fake tans, but never a natural red head with a natural tan.

7. justjade

Me either. Except that black redhead I used to work with.

8. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I once knew a ginger and he did burn and still retain some colour. When the burn went away, some of the tan and more pronounced freckles would appear. I happen to be blond and have the same issue though. I wonder if I carry the same gene since at certain times of the day my body hair looks orange/red. For the record I have been confused in the past when being called a "ginger" as my head hair isn't red per se.

9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

I'm a redhead and it is possible to tan. For a couple summers when I was younger I would work outside landscaping. After spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week out in the sun I developed a very noticeable tan. Normally I would just burn then return to being pale but it would seem weeks of sun does the trick. I wouldn't recommend it though. Lots of sun can be bad for you and trust me, having red hair and a tan looks weird.

10. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So much yes. I'm the same way. I went to the lake with my cousin and his family the other day and (for some unknown reason) when I get in the water my legs just start to glow. Like literally I was florescent white. Everyone tells me I need to get a tan, but I don't want to for the same reasons. I don't think red hair even looks good with a tan, honestly. :lol:

11. Milhouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'm a red head, and I certainly don't tan. I can burn, and burn more, but that's about it, lol. Same for my sister. I've thought it might be nice to be less pale at times, but decided it actually isn't so bad, just different and another thing I have to embrace about myself.

Oh, and for my fellow gingers in here, I figured I'd share some Tim Minchin in case you've never heard him:
    Tim Minchin - Taboo (Ginger Song) - YouTube

12. girlunwound

IMO some of the most gorgeous people on the planet are light-skinned, freckled red-heads. Of course, I might just be biased...

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pale-skinned, freckled redheads are probably the most striking, endearing, and irresistible kinds of girls on the planet. It goes for guys too, but on girls, Oh my jebus... :eek:

And if it isn't obvious from my ogling of fluorescent gingers, suntanned skin is wildly overrated.

14. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Biased against blond folks with the same condition? I can't get a tan to save my life so I switched to SPF 50. The freckles still grow though.

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2013 at 06:17 PM ----------

Even still, my redhead friend was still tanner than I. I don't know what gives.

15. Sarcastic Luck

My friend sent me that a while back and I just loled.

16. girlunwound

Actually I'm a freckled blonde. I am normally white as a ghost but I can tan a little, probably due to the 1/16th aboriginal ancestry I have. However, I have freckled red-headed offspring. Therefore, I am biased :slight_smile:

17. justjade

This is weird, but I actually do not get freckles. Like, at all. They may appear on my knees and hands, but not on my face. People are a bit surprised because generally, redheads have freckles, but I don't get them. My sister who's a brunette does, but I don't. I think freckles are really cute, but I'm not really attracted to redheads. Weird, I know.

18. I'm a redhead, and I don't tan at all. I just burn and end up looking like a cooked lobster if I go out in the sun too long without sunscreen.

Me too. I have freckles only on my arms.

19. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm blond and don't have freckles, but I can relate to not being able to tan.

I have never had a tan. I always sunburn instead. Then again, since I'm a gamer who doesn't like being outside, I usually don't tan or burn.