1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the most insane thing a religious wingnut has said to you ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I was once told that I am gay because of a generational curse placed upon me by my parents or grandparents etc. sinning, and that my soul belongs to the devil even before I was born, and the only way out is to become some devout Christian otherwise the evil to take me over and I will go to Hell.

I was gobsmacked that I got this answer, well thats what you get for commenting on a extreme Christian blog I guess.

#1 Beware Of You, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. Hexagon

I think it was something about paying for my sins in the rapture that had been predicted for 9 days later. But you know, maybe he was right. If hell can be characterised as a small room with demonic parents guarding the exit.

3. Beware Of You

That is actually my impression of Hell, a room with no escape.

4. Bolin

With regards to gay people, a "friend" of mine said that homosexuality should still be considered a mental illness. -__-

5. justjade

Let's see: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is actually a spellbook for Wiccans, that huge tsunami in Japan happened because they worship "false gods", sin makes people gay, sex should only be used to make babies, people who aren't Christians only think they're having fun but really aren't, gays are polyamorous because being gay can't satisfy them like being straight can, anyone who drinks at all is an alcoholic, the earth is only a few thousand years old, science is a lie that Satan feeds people with false evidence to keep people from believing in God.... There are so many.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The lady I described in thread under Family and Friends called Opinion on Living Arrangement is a born-again Christian and we were talking about various things. When we got to talking about current politics and sexuality, she said "Eew, but it's so unnatural." I thought (to myself) "Having sex with YOU would be unnatural. Maybe that's why your husband doesn't."

7. FreeFlow9917

None yet, but insanity is doing the same thing over expexcting change. None yet, but when they do tell me i will A. Secretly snicker as it is clearly b.s. as to the things they're saying regarding gay people. B. Walk away. C. Tell them to try to be gay for a day, and look through my eyes, but they'll tell me my eyes are full of sin and hate and go back to religious monologue.

Actually, i asked my friend if gays' will be in heaven if they believe in god, he said maybe. (P.s. he doesn't know im gay)

8. Hexagon

[YOUTUBE]kr1I3mBojc0[/YOUTUBE]

Just listen to that. It had basically every crazy claim that religion makes.

9. Candace

It was a black guy from Senegal and *translated from French* had said that I could "pray hard enough" and I would be saved from being gay.

My rebuttal was "ok, so you can just pray hard enough to make yourself a white person?" and he said "of course" smh. ....God loves as I am, not as someone else :slight_smile:

10. justjade

:roflmao:

Oh my fuck, that's hilarious. My apologies if it wasn't meant to be.

11. Hexagon

Why would you want to be "saved" from being so awesome?

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I see how it could be viewed that way, though I was thinking she was ridiculous! She is very naive about basic human behavior. One of the things she is also clueless about is human attraction. Even with straight males and females, she thinks you can just put two people together and it's going to work. She attempts to do a lot of matchmaking with people. Over the last few years, I've chosen to keep my distance from her.

13. Candace

EXACTLY! He didn't want to be "saved" from being black, so why should I be "saved"? -_-

14. justjade

That reminds me of something else I heard growing up in church: One person told me that when Cain killed Abel, you know how he was "marked"? Well, someone told me that the mark he got was being black. Yeah, I've heard some pretty weird stuff.

15. Candace

That's so freaking crazy! Explain that to Al Sharpton

16. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm starting to come to the realization that most things these religious people say doesn't make much sense but this my friend by far takes the cake...

17. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

I had a guy tell me that he was being discriminated against for his religion because he is not allowed to discriminate against gays at work. Of course I also get the usual stuff like the Earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs didn't exist but this caught me off guard.

18. biggayguy

I got something similar to that. It was my mom's church. they actually laid hands on me and tried to cast out the homosexual demon. It must have only half worked.:lol::icon_wink:badgrin:

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2013 at 05:51 PM ----------

I also heard that Ham, Noah's son, was cursed to be black because he saw his dad drunk and naked but did nothing to cover him

19. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

"Christians are a persecuted minority in the US"