1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now that I realize I am LGBTQ....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenixverde, Jun 22, 2013.

1. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now that I realize I am a lesbian I have been daydreaming about my wedding. I never did this when I thought I was straight.

I am thinking I want a bohemian wedding dress and I want to get married under the stars.

What has changed for everyone else?

2. Candace

Married under the stars! Cool! Where at? What's the ideal location?

3. MerBear

i started daydreaming about girls before i was questioning ....i decided to stop daydreaming about guys because it got boring and try something new and i haven't stopped since. I love daydreaming about girls.

whats new? trying to get a job and find a girlfriend or meet girls for that matter

4. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol what's changed? when I thought i was straight, both girls that I dated I was like "why do we have to put a label on our relationship? why can't we just be you and me?" and now that I know I'm gay, i'm like "let's get married on top of a mountain!"

5. FindingMyself

Making the transition from identifying as bi to gay has helped me let go of all the what ifs. I think I've always known I'd marry a woman, or that I'd rather do so, but for a long time I felt that there was still a chance I'd end up with a guy. Now I can fantasize about women and not feel as if there might not be a day I am standing with one to be married. I have confidence in my sexuality now, so I just want someone to be with...and like MerBear, I don't know where to meet girls!

6. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha I am the same way. I used to abhor it when a guy poured his heart out with me and I would be drawn away as soon as they did, but with women that I care about I am just like "you're perfect, we are perfect, everything's perfect." :icon_bigg

7. Plutanan

Since I've accepted by bisexuality, nothing's changed except for two things:

1) My romantic future is more open than I thought

2) I'm not just looking for girls anymore (not that I've always actively pursued someone; I take my time finding partners, but I'm currently in a relationship with a guy right now so I don't really have to look anyway!).

8. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

After realizing I was queer, I started wanting to have a romantic relationship. I could not understand the appeal of dating, even if you found the person attractive. I imagined being single for life, and not regretting a moment of it.

Now I can rarely go a more than a couple days without wishing I had a girlfriend. It's not as bad as when I first came out, but it's still something that appeals to me very much and would actively pursue if I had any idea how.

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before I accepted myself as who I am, I would hesitate to look into the eyes of my male lovers, of which I've had a few.

I don't avoid it anymore...the person that I'm with is now someone I can love with all my heart and I can look at them directly through their eyes, and into their soul...

10. That is me exactly. I thought relationships were stupid, but now I would love to have one, if only I could find someone. I don't want to live my life alone anymore.

11. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The beach would be awesome, but I have family that has some property out in the country. You can see the stars so well out there. That is a possibility.

12. Leutheria

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've become a raging liberal. XD And also a feminist. I used to hate girls, mostly because I was afraid I'd develop feelings for them, and if you put a girl in front of me I'd focus on her flaws so that I wouldn't notice how much I wanted her. It was actually pretty sad. But now that I know I'm gay I've recognized how amazing girls are.

Oh yes, same. I thought there was something wrong with me and I would never be able to fall in love. Turns out I was already in love... with my straight best friend. *facepalm* Such is life.

13. Sarcastic Luck

That I'm better off not dating because I won't find anyone accepting here. That my family would never accept me, with my mom rathering me to be unhappy as I am than accept the fact that she doesn't have a daughter. That I'm better off just ignoring everything for a few years until I can leave.

14. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully your mom will calm down about it once she sees you happy after you leave. (*hug*)

15. BornInTexas

Exactly this, except replace girlfriend with boyfriend. It's weird to think about why I thought I was going to be single forever when I thought I was into girls. I still haven't come up with any answer.

16. Theodora

Good question... let's see...

1) I'm still sensitive to the things that depress me, but I've noticed now that I get over them within a few days. They used to bother me for a month... or six... and the feelings used to get so intense that I couldn't focus on anything else or deal with people. Now I'm... functional. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2) I'm not as afraid of experimenting with my appearance. I used to worry about people questioning me if I looked too 'weird'... but now it's alot easier to just cut my hair or try new clothes. Once you stop thinking of yourself as a boy, the things people say about how they should act stops being as much of a concern. :lol:

3) Thinking about the future doesn't make me feel as trapped. I do still feel alot of anxiety about how transition might effect things but I don't immediately feel an urge to run or think 'I'll probably be dead by then anyway.'

4) I used to associate feminism with being excluded from a group of people that I really identify with and support, and sometimes general hostility. But now I know why it bothered me so much and that it's just a loud minority who feel that way, and I feel more comfortable thinking of myself as one.

17. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

i also craved a relationship, with multiple girls. then i had a relationship, it sucked, and i haven't desired one since :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: at least not at this point in my life.

speaking of weddings, i want a pink dress! whether it's usually considered a 'wedding' dress or not. and i hope to have the ceremony in a garden.

18. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah..Totally not romantic but, quick marriage by judge is all I want. I don't like all eyes on me. Lol