1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meanwhile, on our planet, being gay is...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by girlunwound, Jun 23, 2013.

1. girlunwound

...the norm. If you're gay you enjoy a long life living in mainstream society, which was 98% gay. You felt really bad for your straight parents, who were slaves of sorts to their heterosexual desire and unavoidable societal requirement to make children in order to keep the world populated.

The things I think about while lying in bed wishing I was still asleep, after the cat came and caterwauled and licked me in my face waaaay too early this morning. Doesn't she know it's Sunday?

2. girlunwound

I have an aversion to reading threads that are longer than three or four pages. Yep, I've seen that thread kicking around and a few others that are 15,000 pages long and I have never read them and probably won't ever :lol:

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would be a great sci-fi novel. All the pain of childbirth some would suffer, the financial burden, having to raise them, and watch out they don't get into drugs/alcohol and such...then again, maybe the GLBT people of the planet would help out. Or they might force them to have X number of offspring, to keep the planet populated, on the other hand. Or both.

It's certainly an idea to explore...lots of possibilities.

4. Sarcastic Luck

Pretty sure there's a short movie like that already. But it raises too many questions. What about trans* who have transitioned and are straight?

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah! Got it covered. You just submit form Trans-2013b, attaching schedules F22 and M44 along along with DNA samples.*

*please allow 4 to 6 years for processing

Though on a more serious note, I wonder if the idea had been approached. It seems like something Ursula K. LeGuin might do, almost.

6. Sarcastic Luck

...yeah, no. I'll pass.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would probably involve some kind of 1984-Kafkaesque red tape, I'm sure.

As interesting as such a planet sounds, it would probably end up being equally as messed up as this one, somehow, or somehow dystopic. At least that's how I picture it. More like a Margaret Atwood novel.