1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Parade Questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Jun 23, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

So me and my folks are going to Chicago next weekend for a vacation and my step dad doesn't know i'm gay, but we plan on doing some things there plus we are picking up my step-dad's son from CzechRepublic at the airport. We plan on watching the parade, but i don't know what to expect from it, are they going to be mainly stereotypes (no harm intended, and not hurting others who are trans or flamboyant) I am excited to watch it, but i really don't know what to expect from it. Anyone in pride parade or have experienced know what'll happen. My mom is the only person who knows im gay.

2. Candace

From what my friends have told me (gay friends), it's a mixture of both. There are so many people there that there will be drags. There will be the "flamboyant" type, but also the ones who are not. Realise that it's a HUGE event, not something with 5-6 people hahah

3. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Basically what ElPanaChevere said..

The parade I went to last year had everything from drag queens to guys in leather to people in 'normal' clothes .. and from local politicians to church groups to local businesses .. pretty much a bit of everything. I'd say overall there was more "normal" than flamboyant