1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrease in EC members?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Stridenttube, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Has there been a decrease in active members? Seems like there's less activity, nobody talks to me on here anymore. :icon_sad:

Seems like when I joined last year there were tons of people online.

2. BornInTexas

Hey, Strident. :smilewave

I've seen an increase in activity, but a lot of the members that I saw when I joined have left, because I think maybe they got what they were looking for. It's not too uncommon for that to happen. You feeling lonely? (*hug*)

3. Amerigo

i'll talk to you :')

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A lot of the people that were here, when I joined are all gone now.
    It's just the way things at a forum go, people stay and go. Some come back.
    There has been an otherwise increase in people joining, just most don't come back once they got their questions answered.

5. Candace

I've thought the same thing! But, I've been seeing new people come.

By the way, I've recommended this site to my alliance, which has like 70-80 people in it :grin:

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Yeah a little bit. :icon_sad:

Maybe it's just me that people don't talk to. Seems like everyone has wall posts daily except me.

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I never have wall posts either. lol
    Dont be bothered because of that. Sometimes people just forget to check it. I always don't notice when I have a notification on here.

8. Ticklish Fish

I think most people just come and go to get their sexuality questions answered, reading crushes & attractions, fighting with conservatively unsupporting friends and family, and finding answers to what society has been telling them "it's wrong".

9. Hefiel

Probably because most of the people you seem to chat to are sporadic visitors or posters, not to say that there's anything wrong with that however.

Feel free to post on wall if you ever want to chat.

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well I've been on here 10 months, I've seen some people come and go. If and when I get my own problems solved, I'd like to think I would still stick around to help others.

Wall messages are tough sometimes, I feel bad cuz I'm way behind on responding to them, sometimes I'm in too much of a depressed/anti-social kind of mood. And once I respond to a wall message, I know that just means I'm going to get more and so it gets to be overwhelming and I just stop checking up on my wall.

11. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Well I don't really *need* anything from this forum (not that I don't have a LOT of problems), so I'm just here to bullshit which means I will probably be around a while cuz I likes to talk, lolz.

12. justjade

I have noticed that some people that I used to see posts from all the time when I joined have just disappeared. It makes me kind of sad. I don't know why they'd leave, but I guess everyone has their own reasons for staying and going.

13. Hefiel

At the end of the day, EC is a support site. Once you've got things figured out, you can either stick around and help other people, or leave to live your life. Consider it as leaving the nest if you will.

I myself will probably end up leaving (or at least becoming increasingly less active) in a handful of months. There are still some things I want to experience first before I decide on a definitive answer, but I've gained most of what I needed already from EC.

14. justjade

I see. I guess then it's good that some people are leaving. It's kind of like graduating. Some kids go out into the world, and some return to teach. Hm.... Fascinating.

15. Martjain

Haha, yeah, you can see it that way. I, for example, have pretty much everything sorted out, sexuality-wise, so I'm mostly here to help as much as I can and to learn, cause you always can learn something from a new thread or post.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Our membership, posting, and daily activity is actually going up substantially. It's grown something like 200% in the past year.

In support communities like this, a lot of people, once they're feeling comfortable, will "outgrow" and leave the community, while others will stick around to help the new people coming on board. It's just the way things tend to work in support communities.

17. Candace

that's awesome! do you have an exact number of members we have here on EC? Just curious.

18. Hefiel

Out of curiosity, what would you attribute this growth to?

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There have been a few leaving threads, but I have seen membership grow since I found this community. I'm glad, and I hope that not too many people leave after they get what they want. People should also give back.

20. Hefiel

According to the forum stats, there are 29,688 members. (You can look it up by visiting the bottom of the forum main page)