1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going back to my old job....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jun 23, 2013.

1. justjade

The job I currently have literally hasn't been giving me any hours at all. I mean, zero. I applied for full time, and that's what they're giving me. Fucking ridiculous.

So I called my old place of employment, and the manager told me they fired four people last week. On top of that, almost everyone is new, and there aren't enough people to go around as it is. It's a farther drive, but minimum wage is higher in Ohio than it is in West Virginia. Plus, I'm pretty much guaranteed almost 40 hours a week since I was there for almost 4 years.

It's a little scary, though, because I have to drive across the bridge on the highway, and I'm terrified of highway driving. Thankfully, the bridge is a construction zone, so the speed limit has been reduced to 40mph.

I'm just not sure. I mean, I know some of my friends still work there, one of which is a manager. It's good to be needed, I guess, but it's not ideal. I'm pretty excited, though. At least I can get back to making half-decent money.

Wish me luck, guys.

2. AlamoCity

Good luck, man. At least you'll get your hours and have some friends there. Hopefully, the construction zone will make it easier to drive the highway. :slight_smile:

3. Candace

Good luck with getting that job. I know the economy is horrible right now (trust me, I know)...

4. justjade

Thanks. I'm fluctuating between nervous and excited pretty rapidly, but a bunch of my friends from that job texted me like, "OMG, I heard you're coming back! I'm so glad! We need you!" There's also this guy that wants to carpool with me, which could help me out with the expense of gas.

I do think the construction zone will help make it easier for me to drive. Then maybe it will help me get over my fear of highways.

And, I mean, it's a shitty fast food job, but I really do need to return the cash register drawer key that I still have from there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The economy is horrible! It worries me a bit, but things will have to turn around eventually. And here's hoping Obamacare can get me some healthcare coverage.