1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I've got a secret to tell.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Jun 23, 2013.

1. starfish

I like watching Lesbian romance movies. I main thing I like is that they tend to be independent movies, so they don't always follow the stereotypical Hollywood hetro-normative romance movie.

I've seen a couple of good gay romance movies, but most of them are pretty bad.

Thankfully Netflix has a pretty good selection of them.

If my friends knew I like to watch romance movies, I'd catch all kinds of flak.

2. Envira

Bro, ur not the only one. Gay and lesbian romance movies are my guilty pleasure. And I agree with you about Netflix having a good selection of them. I think that's the only good selection of movies that they have....

3. catatonie

I know the feel.
    For whatever reason, I really like films where the women actually have cool leading roles and/or aren't just stereotypes obviously written by unconscious men lol. So there's a lot of lesbian romance movies in my queue lately. Making the rounds on Netflix.
    Also I'm really soft and romance dramas appeal to me anyway.

4. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

Which netflix gay/lesbian themed movies do you guys like? I'd love some ideas for my netflix queue.

5. ScatteredEarth

I remember watching this really good movie about a gay couple who adopt a kid thinking he was 1 1/2 years old.. (1.5) and he turns out to be 15 and homophobic and they go through the entire movie with conflicts and resentment and then he finally sees there is nothing wrong with it and gets adopted completely by the couple. It's a good movie.

Patrick Age 1.5 is the name of it, but it's in Swedish or some other Dutch language so if you don't like subtitles then that's a deal breaker I suppose.

6. MerBear

I found it on netflix! haha score one for me

7. Martjain

It's a lovely movie! I just watched it the other day.

8. Candace

Come ON now, that's not really a secret if everyone here does the same thing xD (Brokeback Mountain...I thought it was a good film).

What film(s) was/were it/they by the way?

9. starfish

I just finished watching one.

It is called The World Unseen.

The World Unseen (2007) - IMDb

It is an excellent movie. Good acting and excellent production. The story is a bit cliché, but I enjoyed it.

It was a movie day for me. So I also watched. The Guest House and My Summer of Love. I really liked the ending to My Summer of Love.

Yes I also like that Netflix has a lot of foreign movies. Sometimes I wish they made it clearer that a movie has subtitles. So days I just want a movie on in the back ground, and subtitles are not so good for that.

The other day I picked up Run Lola Run. While sitting there thinking, I've seen a gay remake of this. Went back in my Netflix history and found it. It was "And Then Came Lola"

10. ScatteredEarth

lol That's where I found it lmao. *Grabs score from you*

11. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

OMG watch The L Word. It's on Netflix. Best. Show. EVA!

12. sexyalex

Only thing with lesbians in it that I've ever watched is Pretty Little Liars. xD