1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you need Love in life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I am considering just living alone for the rest of my life. Being a 23 year old gay guy I know it will be hard but I am loosing interest in it all. Maybe its the depression talking.

Anyone I speak to tells me that I am too attractive to be alone, and that being alone will "destroy my soul" .

2. BornInTexas

(*hug*) Everyone needs love and reaffirmation of that. You probably just need a little bit more.

How are your therapy sessions going? Speaking like that, it might be time to try a new approach or more frequent sessions.

3. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I mean, do what makes you happy, but I personally couldn't imagine going through life alone. If there's anything that really scares me, it's that thought.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If a person surrounds themselves with several real good friends, this can take off the edge. For some, this will not work. For me, it does. I'm more into having friends and just having a good time doing stuff together.

5. DanD

I'm one of 15 children, so my upbringing by extremely religious parents wasn't good. I got used to not bothering to say very much; voicing my opinion about anything would fall on deaf ears because there were too many people in the way.

I had friends at school, but that was years ago and they've all married and have their own lives now.

Right now, I have no friends at all. I've lived alone in a single bedsit for about ten years, and all I do is work in a supermarket for minimum wage and write/read books. I used to be a pro musician, but the recession meant that I had to sell everything.

I get very lonely, and often feel jealous of people I see in the street who have someone to love, and who loves them back. The older you get, the harder it is to find someone, and with very low confidence It seems impossible.

You meet people through people, so when all the friends have gone it's not a good place to be in unfortunately. I wish it could be different.

6. Candace

I think everyone has someone who completes them. I think that no one should live life alone. But then again, it's your personally choice (and if it makes you happy or not).

7. justjade

^^ This. The worst day with my husband is much better than the best day alone. :slight_smile:

But yeah, your choice.