1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep falling for straight men...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by diego7142, Jun 24, 2013.

1. diego7142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi all,

This is my first post, glad to have found this site. Seems like I shouldn't go into much detail in a 'forum' setting, so I'll try to get to the point. My background is that I'm a closeted Chinese/American in my 30's. I keep hopelessly falling for straight men, and the past two men that I've fallen for were temp interns at my company who were much younger than me (in their 20's). Last intern I fell for, I worked to get him a job, then got my heart broken and went into serious depression when he found a girl and became engaged. I don't really go after these guys, they come to me for friendship (and probably for mentorship and to begin to make connections for themselves - sounds weird to toot my own horn, but I'm an well-known, influential person in my line of work). I welcome their friendship, spend a lot of time 'hanging out' with them, and even after my last experience, I did it again and fell for another straight young intern. He's done interning at my company and has left, but we've been in touch, he's come to 'hang out', spent the night at my house, and my heart leaps for joy every time he texts (and get depressed when he doesn't).

Any words of wisdom or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. If anything, it kind of feels better just typing out my thoughts...right now, my heart aches for him and I feel pathetic.

Thanks for reading...

---------- Post added 24th Jun 2013 at 11:31 PM ----------

Actually, I guess I DO have a question per se...in order to protect myself so that I don't go into deep depression again (when this new guy starts dating someone, etc.) I've told myself to stop texting him, or at least text him at rarely at a snails pace (wait at least a day before texting back). I don't know, for some reason, it seems like that will help me get less obsessed. This is a good thing, right? Then there's the Angel of Hope that keeps landing on my shoulder whispering in my ear CONSTANTLY, "you never know..." AAARGH...so frustrated and again, feel so pathetic... thanks for letting me vent.