1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arguments & Debates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rexmond, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Rexmond

So one of my best friends asked me if I plan on having sex with a man. I answered obviously, and he said this to me:

"no offence but the fact to recreate sex u use the anus where things are onlyment to exit the body proves being gay is wrong to human kind."

I'm no good at arguments and debates, and he seemed to shut off every point I could make with simple responses. I mentioned how evolution would have erased it if it were wrong to humankind. What else can I say?

And what other arguments can you use for people against homosexuality/gay marriage/anal sex?

2. Hexagon

Arguing with him is pointless. He's already made up his mind and he will not be convinced. The only point to this kind of debate is to convince others that haven't yet made up their minds.

3. King

King Guest

I personally don't have it in me (or care, really) to prove anything to anybody.

The best argument anybody can make is "Okay, I don't agree and that's fine."

4. Night Rain

"Recreate sex". Apparently he didn't know that anal sex is also popular among heterosexual couples. Also oral sex, which doesn't really serve any biological purposes. Tell him that, the main point of sex is to give pleasure, so as long as you're having pleasure, it serves it purposes.

"no offence but the fact to recreate sex u use the anus where things are onlyment to exit the body proves being gay is wrong to human kind." Isn't the penis the same? Tell him to stop using his penis for sex then.

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "If humans were meant to fly we would have been born with wings." - Everyone but the Wright Brothers.

6. FemCasanova

Meh, I agree with the first poster, it sounds like this one was a bit of a hopeless case. No matter how good your arguments are, if they`ve made up their mind on this subject you can`t really convince them otherwise, it`s no fault of yours. Their ignorance, their problem, try to just shake it off as one more ignorant guy who ought to be wearing glasses, maybe then he`ll see the world a bit differently.

You find people like this in all debates, whether it is something serious, like LGBT issues, or something as mundane as movie debates. The kind of closed door who`s shut off from reason, and will in the end of a series of arguments just start throwing out; "I`m right, because you`re wrong, and that`s the only argument I need."

7. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol

I am TOTALLY using this some day :3 that's awesome!

8. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure biology didnt design us to be bathed, clothed, have our hair cut,tattooed, body pierced, perfumed, deodorized, use substances, get inoculations, fly in planes, go s Cuba diving, use guns, wear glasses, hearing aids, get face lifts, etc., etc. We don't live in purely in nature, so this is a specious argument. And, if its pleasurable for some people and harms no one else, what difference does it make to him?

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Concerning your example:
    Nature doesn't intend for anything to happen, it has not goals or purposes.
    More-over speaking from an evolutionary standpoint, it's called the survival of the species, not the individual.
    There is in fact a theory that postulates several positive effects of homosexual members within a species.

The thing with homophobes is, 9 out of 10 times you're just not going to convince them, whatever you say.

For those that are persuadable the following arguments should suffice:
    It's consensual.
    It doesn't harm anyone. (This is supported by every major medical and psychological asociation in the Western World)

10. AKTodd

Wow. Some friend.

His argument isn't that hard to tear apart really.

Specific:

By his logic, the only purpose of sex and ejaculation is to reproduce. If he jerks off, engages in oral sex, or uses any form of birth control, even things like pulling out or rhythm method, he is engaging in unnatural acts that are wrong.

General, negative:

Any and all actions or technologies that have not appeared 'naturally' are unnatural and wrong. This means basically all technology and civilization. If he or anyone he knows has ever received a medical procedure, they are engaging in unnatural acts that are wrong. If he gets food in any other manner than running it down and killing it with his teeth and nails, he is engaging in unnatural acts and is wrong.

General, positive:

The natural state of human beings is to use our minds and bodies to manipulate the universe around us. Therefore any action we take is, by definition, as natural for us as building a dam is for a beaver or building a hive or nest is for a bee or a bird. This includes actions such as discovering that anal sex feels good and proceeding to engage in it (and as has already been pointed out straights do it too).

I'm sure you can develop more specific examples starting from these points. If you run into any problems, let me know and I can try to lend a hand.

Hope this helps,

Todd

11. Rexmond

Well, you guys were right. No matter what I try to say he'd always change the topic on to something else, like now he's mentioning miracles and how they can't be proved by Science. He simply won't take coincidence as an answer. No point in trying to convince him otherwise.

Sad thing is, he never used to be like this but his mum forced him into the religious life. They're strong Christians so what ever their religion says goes. Thank you all for your advice though, it was really helpful. :slight_smile:

12. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

My main point against people like this is that just because what we do with our nether regions isn't what they were designed to do, doesn't mean it's hurting anyone. Reproduction for the survival of our species isn't so important anymore that we all must dedicate our lives to it, so who cares if some of us don't pop out babies?

13. FemCasanova

I might remind him of the over-population problem we`ll face in 20 years or so, and all the people who`ll starve because we won`t be able to feed everyone.

I remember my science teacher talking about it at High School, how in 20-40 years, if we kept breeding like we have for the last 50 years, we`ll end up with a big problem. Considering humans do not have any natural enemies, few fatal illnesses, our population will only grow, and grow.

So, reproduction isn`t exactly vital for our species at this point. Unless in 40 years we venture into space, find some hostile alien race and have to start fighting for human survival. Then they can pull the "we gotta reproduce" card. But I`m an optimist, I think the alien species we encounter will be a friendly one, ala ET, lol.