1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiders. I hate the things.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lawRAWR, Jun 25, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

So I am sat on my bed now, slowly recovering from an encounter with a spider. I was clearing out my wardrobe, being a good daughter, and was actually enjoying myself.

Then. *cue dramatic music* :eek: There it was. A rather large (in my mind anyways) spider thing with a huge freaking ass. It was on my cardigan in the wardrobe sat nearby its den of egg things it laid on my clothing. Nice. Just nice. It's not like I invited it or anything, it's pretty rude of him/her.

Anyway... I decided to be brave and carry the cardigan by the hanger all the way downstairs and outside.

The whole situation has freaked me out and I am leaving my wardrobe in a mess until my Mum comes home from work. I need comfort from this traumatic experience :lol:

Does anyone hate spiders as much as I do? I know they are an important part of the food chain blah blah blah, but they just scare me so much. Any spider stories?

This was a great blog entry about being scared of those arachnids... Hyperbole and a Half: Spiders are Scary. It's Okay to be Afraid of Them. *UPDATED*

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh I hate spiders, and bees, and flies, and moths, and ear wigs, and ants, and ladybugs, and mosquitoes, and... bugs in general. I've had some pretty terrible experiences with bugs honestly.

3. Hexagon

I have a policy against killing bugs, which I find really difficult to honor, because they fucking terrify me. If I find one on me, I have an urge to slap it. All except spiders. I don't mind spiders. There was on in my bedroom last night. He'd formed a web from the middle of the ceiling, and was slowly descending towards my bed. I grabbed the web and carried him to the window. Problem solved.

Although this other incident with a spider the size of my hand did creep me out a bit.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... I'm currently looking at photos of cute spiders.

And to 90% of you, that phrase will be an oxymoron.

5. EverythingWeBecome

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I fucking hate them.They are so gross I can't even stand seeing them.Unfortunately, there are tons of them where I live, even those huge ones.
    I could tell you a lot of spider stories but this one is the one I regret the most.

So I was sitting with a girl I liked on a bench in a park.We were alone,was pretty dark too, and we were sitting facing each other. And as I finally lean in to kiss her she just stops me, smiles and says "Don't panic but there is a spider on your shoulder".That was it. In just seconds I was standing up, slapping my shoulder with my other hand and hitting my foot on the ground. The girl just died laughing.
    She still keeps telling me that story and I just sit there trying to get the image off my mind while she laughs.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll actually tolerate spiders, so long as they aren't poisonous. I've learned that spiders do have a purpose: Catching and eating those shitty flies, fruit flies, wasps, etc. You know, all the bugs I actually hate.

I'll also tolerate bees, so long as they stay away from me, and they let me stay away from them.

Wasps, hornets, yellowjackets and anything with a stinger that doesn't pollinate flowers and produce yummy honey are things I do have a score with. Especially since I was stung by a yellowjacket a year ago, not knowing it existed until it did.

7. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Most females are afraid of crawly insects like spiders! Lol my mom and 2 sisters creep out as hell when they see spiders or insects! Lol! Im the one who kills it for them, they always call me to kill it! Lol im laughing :grin:

8. Candace

I hate spiders and cockroaches in general. I always try to kill roaches with spray (sometimes Windex :wink:, yes I know it's cruel BUT). I always take the spiders, put them in a glass, and throw them outside (since I know they're good for killing flies and other bugs).

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

Whoops

10. Fiddledeedee

Pictures of spiders can be lovely.

Actual spiders less than 5mm in diameter are lovely.

Actual spiders over 5mm are scaaaryyy. (But it's fun to watch everyone, including myself, run around screaming.)

11. Krissy

Every day I tell myself I'll try to be nice to the next bug that comes in my room. Yeah, doesn't work. I just took a hard pillow and slammed a moth into the wall because I'm terrified of bugs. I can't help it. Spiders make me wanna puke in my own mouth. Frickin' horrifying.

12. lawRAWR

Haha, this is hilarious!! :roflmao: (!)

13. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Forget spiders. House centipedes will teach you real fear.

14. lawRAWR

Glad I haven't come across any of those... :eek: Also, the word 'Centipede' just reminds me of the 'Human Centipede' :icon_sad: oh dear.

15. Plutanan

I have to amass an army of family members and house pets when I see a spider. All are enlisted for the cause!

16. Adarya

Small spiders and bugs I'm okay with, and I normally have a mental policy not to kill them. But when they're larger spiders or bugs that land on me I majorly freak out. I think it's due to the traumatic experiences I had when I was younger; once when a daddy long-leg was climbing up my leg while I was washing dishes (and it was huge) to the time when a 3-inch long bug flew into my cleavage when I was sitting outside.

I think I'm more afraid of spiders, though. They're absolutely terrifying and I have arachnophobia for sure. In the back of my mind I know they eat all types of bugs and insects that could cause a lot of damage/annoyance, but if I see them in the house or anywhere in my room I just have to kill them to feel at ease again.

#16 Adarya, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  17. TheMightyBoosh

:roflmao:Hahaha! The: cue the dramatic music! XD :eek:

:rolle: Luckily I'm okay with spiders, my brother (who doesn't live with us) has tons of big ass tarantulas so i am used to them, I'm not a buggy kinda person, I prefer snakes :thumbsup:

Spiders usually turn up uninvited :lol: rude indeed

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Must be an Australian thing. :lol:

Eh, big spiders freak me out, especially funnel webs and the notorious poisonous ones, such as redbacks and brown recluses. If they aren't necessarily poisonous nor big, I don't mind. If I find one in my room, I'll just get a paper cup, get the spider in there and then take it outside.

Now.. if it were the "Australian clock spider" (don't google if you have arachnophobia), I'd probably shit myself.

19. Femmeme

This female has a beloved pet tarantula, and is trying really hard not to be offended by you post.

P.S. My spider's name is Kitty and she is cute and fuzzy.

20. AKTodd

My mom (who I'm reasonably certain is female - the whole pregnancy thing seems like an indicator) loves spiders,snakes, mice, rats, etc. She will either take spiders outside and release them or just leave them be. When I was a kid, we'd go on nature walks and if we found a garter snake she would pick it up and let me hold it for a bit before releasing it.
    She tends to feed and possibly name mice and such.

There is no rational reason to fear an animal that either cannot hurt you or is not inclined to do so. A certain amount of caution may be in order for some species and some things (like roaches) I am not inclined to tolerate. But other than that, I see no reason to throw a fit over a spider or snake or whatever.

Todd