1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Acts of Kindness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenixverde, Jun 25, 2013.

1. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi.

I believe that by living a loving and giving life can change the world. A life of compassion and kindness has the ability to touch everyone. Part of my project to be more compassionate included random acts of kindness.

I help people...everywhere. I don't spend any money, I spend time. To me, time is the most valuable thing we can give someone. I have helped people carry groceries, take their trash out for them, cheer up a crying kid with some goofy faces, compliments, smiles, etc.

I have seen this change people. There is one person in particular. I am around her quite a bit. She thought I had lost my mind when I first started doing this and now, she has learned to enjoy doing random acts of kindness.

If we, the LGBTQ community, extend compassion to those around us, it will help people see us for who we are. The people who are against us don't see us as people, but as an issue. But, I think if we all make a point to extend compassion to EVERYONE, then we can help to soften the hearts of the very people who fight to keep us from having rights. I am closeted, but one day I won't. I know that my community will find out one of these days and when they do I want them to remember how helpful and compassionate I am. Maybe that will help to humanize LGBTQ in my community.

2. TheMightyBoosh

[​IMG]

That's amazing, i have huge respect for you and i agree :slight_smile:

:icon_bigg

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This reminds me of a quote that I've memorized and kept in my mind since 6 years ago. For my English class, we had to do a year-long project where we examine ourselves, what we value, what we stand for, what has influenced us, what we hope to be/do, etc. I chose this quote as the theme around which my project revolved:

"Each small act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of the good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it is passed, until simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away." -- Dean Koontz

I am always helping people as well and have sacrificed a lot of myself to do so; whether I have had any lasting impact on their lives, I will never know. But, I have had a couple experiences where other people (strangers/mere acquaintances) have committed random acts of kindness for me, and those simple moments will stay with me forever. Those are the things that I remember and that give me hope for humanity.

I think it's great that you do what you do, and I hope more people will be like you.

4. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is so awesome you do the same. I LOVE the quote. I hope to get as many people helping others as I can. I know a lot of people do this, but it is nice to hear about it. :slight_smile:

5. Candace

CAN WE GET AN AMEN FOR THIS GIRL?! "AMEN!" :eusa_clap

6. Envira

amen! :slight_smile:

7. biggayguy

Call it karma if you want. I do believe that what you give out is what you'll receive both good and bad.

8. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    haha...thank you!

biguy I totally agree! We get out of this world what we put into it.