1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 years ago tomorrow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by john1b1, Jun 25, 2013.

1. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Ten years ago tomorrow, the Supreme Court ruled on Lawrence v. Texas, declaring sodomy completely legal throughout the nation. Here's hoping for a good anniversary.

2. AlamoCity

The coincidence is so uncanny that I almost hope they decided to release the decision on this day to mark the anniversary. The thing is, I looked at the Court's past years' calendars and I have yet to see a time when they held back-to-back-to-back sessions to release opinions. They could have waited till Thursday, since they normally release opinions on Mondays and Thursdays. Anyways, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Perhaps the Justices wanted to get an early start on their summer recess.

To be honest, the Shelby case opinion was probably more controversial than what the Court is expected to rule on DOMA and Prop 8; perhaps we are in for a nice treat.

Who knows?

As they say about the Supreme Court: those who know don't speak and those who speak don't know.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people