1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish I had to guts.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenixverde, Jun 26, 2013.

1. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I really wish I had the guts to post on FB

I AM A LESBIAN!!!

It would be such an awesome day to come out of the closet.

2. BornInTexas

I wish I could do the same, except with guys.

3. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Do it, lolz!

I mean, no...not if you're not ready. But think about it this way, you are going to HAVE to do it one day, so why not spare yourself some of the headache and stress and just get it over with? I think you will probably be surprised at how much people just don't care a lot of the time...

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree that would be an awesome day, in fact one of my good friends did that a few days ago. However, we're in a whole state of time where friends like to "hack" their friends Facebook and jokingly post "I like dick or I like dick in my ass etc." I worry that most people would filter it as "Ok, obviously a friend posted this" and not believe it.

This is the case with my friends so I'm just speaking from what I know to be true and speaking from experience, I've seen this done to me many times and don't have the guts to take it down.

Whatever the case, it's a gutsy move though :slight_smile:

5. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I need to tell my family first.

Plus, all of my husband's family follows me and I feel like he should be the one to talk to them about all of this.

I REALLY want to do it though. I am trying to think of someone I can come out to.

6. little dick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear PhoenixVerde :

I couldn't agree with you more. It would be so awesome to come out to all of my family and friends. I finally came out to my brother, which was not easy, but I finally had it with listening to his stupid gay jokes about me. I think the fourth of July was appropriate because this certainly set off some fireworks, as well as a lot of anger towards me.

Jayme

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That's how I plan on coming out to extended family, friends- by changing my name and gender on my profile. Like Steph said, might be good just to get it over with. Come out personally to your parents, etc and when you're ready, post away. :slight_smile: