1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your first Pride like

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Even though my BF is in Canada, I don't have any free gay friends and I am a bit anxious, I have decided that I am going to FORCE myself to go to Pride on Saturday . Maybe it will be ok, maybe I will hook up (me and bf are open) it was harder to go into The George (aka Jurassic Park) and get a pint in an old-school gay bar, and even then someone took me home :-S

Anyway what was your first pride like ?

2. Naomilly92

It was the best experience of my life. Obviously I was terrified - mainly because I was largely still in the closet, but the people I was with really helped me enjoy myself and come out of my shell, I went in the parade, waved a flag about, I was part of an LGBT group and we had our own stall in which we sold art portraits and stationary, I've never felt so open and free in my life, everyone was so friendly, I was afraid it would be full of drag queens, butch women and femme guys, but it was good for me to be out with people like myself, my only regret is that I didn't talk to more people.

You should go, I fully encourage it, you'll have the time of your life, being with your boyfriend you'll just enjoy it more