1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Edge

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ragazza, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Ragazza

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm 17, I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke. You could say that I'm straight edge. I never really thought about it. I live in Belgium and I've never met people like me.

Anyway I was wondering ig there are people here who also refuse to drink alcohol, smoke, do drugs ?

2. King

King Guest

I suppose I could be considered straight edge to some extent, but I don't refer to myself as one (anymore).

I refuse to smoke and do drugs, and drinking is not something I do ever but that's because I really don't like the taste of alcohol or the state of being buzzed/drunk. That being said, I have drank alcohol in the past and I'm going to drink it in the future (as in tomorrow for my friends bachelorette party). I just don't drink enough to consider myself a social drinker.

3. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same. I refuse to drink alcohols.Never do drugs or smoke. Body is a temple you know, i don't wanna destroy it :slight_smile:

4. Envira

My cousin is a total straight edge. Doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, etc. She's going into her sophomore year of college and she still hasn't been to a party this year. She actually left a few of her friends back in high school because they started drinking and doing drugs.

5. Hexagon

Well, I was for three years. Then I drunk some cider. That was last night.

All power to you. I got bored of it.

6. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I am tehnically totally 100% straight egde but i don't call myself that. I don't put work into it it just is.

But i say if this scene keeps people clean (yaaay ryhmes) i'm all for it <3

#6 StefaniW, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  7. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't call myself a "straight-edge" exactly but I don't do drugs, smoke etc. but I do have a drink or two with family when I am on holidays or at Christmas sometimes, but it's only a bit. :icon_bigg

8. Beware Of You

I was for a few years, but then I just thought I was missing out somewhat.

I don't do drugs, smoke, but I do have the odd Guinness, cocktail or glass of wine. I don't get drunk or anything though

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a great group of friends who are all straightedge, and not because they're former users in recovery, but just because they've chosen to be that way. You'll find plenty of people who share your views, it's just a little harder in the LGBT community to find them. :slight_smile:

10. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup I've been straight-edge forever, and plan on staying that way :slight_smile:

11. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am. And I plan on staying like this.
    Drinking is just nasty, in my own opinion. Same with smoking.
    My dad drinks and smokes and does dip, and is completely addicted, so odds are if I even try it, I'll get hooked too. No thanks.

12. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess I was until I turned 19 last year and had my first drink. But as for smoking or drugs I couldn't do that, it's not for me.

13. timo

sXe hardline

actually, no. I drink quite a lot and, at times, I smoke or do drugs too. Didn't do any of this at 17 (and at the time never imagined I would) but times change and I have no regrets when it comes to any of this.

14. Hexagon

If I recall correctly, straight edge also includes a ban on promiscuity. Whats wrong with promiscuity?

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. Grew up pretty sheltered so naturally, straight edge as they come. Virgin to both the ways of the bed and bottle. :wink: Nothing wrong with it, I guess, but I have no life anyway so... Yeah. :\

16. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But I have to take my pills :frowning2:

17. Sarcastic Luck

Nah. I drink, been drunk a few times. I'd try some of the softer drugs, given a chance, but very unlikely due to risking losing financial aid, unless pot was legalized nation wide. At that point, I'd try to get some in hopes it would help with my depression given that prescription anti-depressants have done jack all for me. No interest in smoking though. Just being around it wrecks my allergies, I couldn't imagine actually smoking.

...Hilariously enough, I've been around people smoking pot and it didn't do anything with my allergies. Could just be what's in cigarettes.

18. Pain

Pain Guest

Nope, I'm serrated.

19. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well Ragazza,

I'm not a straight edge, I did a lot of drugs but my 17 year old son is a mega straight edge, totally into health, fitness, purity, strength. I admire him. My daughter, age 20, drinks way too much. Be strong and be proud. Stay clean.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2013 at 01:05 PM ----------

On yeah, to confess, I need my tranquilizers and my occasional scotch.

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I dislike the pretentious attitude that come with most that claim being straight edge.

But, nah. I like drinking sometimes (yes, I'm responsible about it). I've smoked a couple times but it was a social sort of thing, not something I really do. Marijuana I'd like to try again, perhaps for alleviating anxiety.. but I can wait on that.

Good for you though.