1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to study >.<

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by damn liar, Jun 27, 2013.

1. damn liar

I'm running out of time and I still haven't studied for my upcoming exams... and I really need to get to it, but all I wanna do is sit in bed all day and listen to sad songs. I've tried to 'snap out of it' and 'just do it' and it hasn't really.. worked.

Any ideas?

2. lawRAWR

I had the exact same problem when I was doing my GCSEs. In the end, I had to write up a list of things I wanted, as a result of getting good grades eg. good job, college etc. I stuck this sheet of paper on my wall and it constantly reminded me that I needed to start revising in order to get what was on the paper.

Hope this helps, you should try it.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I procrastinate, which is often, I try to focus on the one tiniest, minute (but very specific) action that I think I can do without too much effort...it could be as simple as getting up and sitting at your desk and making sure the book or notebook is in front of you.

Then, take a deep breath, and open said notebook...

Then, read the first sentence of the first paragraph. Just focus on that....and so on and so on.

4. damn liar

Yeah, I guess I can try those. Thanks! :slight_smile:

And keep the suggestions coming! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Diego89

Well I'm afraid I'm in no position to offer advice since I'm in your same situation if not worse, I'm writing a big, and I mean big exam tomorrow and yet here I am, ha.

However I must say that having a study partner has helped me a lot in the past. Just make sure the person you ask is determined to study and to make you study, cause it could also backfire on you, and end up doing everything but study. (Has also happened to me lol).

Anyway, good luck.

6. damn liar

Thanks! ^_^ I don't think a study partner is an option in my case, though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The thing is, apart from anything else going on, I have to study for geometry and it's just a bunch of theorems and stuff concerning straight lines and I just can't relate to that. :grin:

Get it? Cause they're 'straight'? Funny? No? Okay, I'll go.

7. Amerigo

"dragostea" - only romanian word i know. buna seara!

whatever you do, don't force yourself, make sure you enjoy what you learn, that way you'll retain the information and be motivated to continue with your study. take breaks, work hard, achieve!

8. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I might try going somewhere else to study, somewhere quite and void of distractions. I have a hard time studying in my room sometimes because of all of the stuff I have in there: computer, TV, books, etc. So I go out into the kitchen or back yard. Also, leave your I pod/mp3/music-playing device behind.

9. BudderMC

Depends - I always take mine with me, because I can't study in public areas without tuning everyone else out with music.

I like to break down what I have to do. When you think about "oh, I have to do this and this and this and this and this and this..." it seems like an insurmountable task. Pick one or two really manageable things, complete them, then give yourself a break or reward.

10. damn liar

Yeah, I study with music as well. As a matter of fact, I've been listen to Cher's Believe on a loop. I find the lyrics I can feel something inside me say, I really don't think you're strong enough to be strangely inspiring.

At the end of the day, I might actually get something done. ^_^