1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone live near Bradenton, Florida or Sarasota, Florida?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mflorida0921, Jun 28, 2013.

1. mflorida0921

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone live near Bradenton, Florida or Sarasota, Florida? I'm trying to make new friends. My preferred name is Melissa. I'm 23 years old. I live in the state of Florida. I'm pretty lonely down here. Just to tell you a little more about myself. I'm wanting to transition from male to female but I haven't transitioned yet due to acceptance and not being able to be who I am also due to my living arrangements so I could use some girls friends to go shopping with, girls night out or in, girl talk you know and have lots of fun. Besides what the rules state on here, is it possible to send private messages between users on this forum because I know you can't post facebook information or phone numbers after you get to know a person, the forums don't like that.

I'm not a chat room member yet because I haven't posted or commented on enough threads yet and I think I've been a member long enough even though I haven't been on here in a while.

I'm also looking for a roommate too because if I don't find someone by the 1st of July then I'll be homeless and being homeless is no life for people who want to be accepted and want to transition.

#1 mflorida0921, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  2. Foxface

I am not a mod by any means but I think trying to swap info on the site or meetup is prohibited

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the means that he's using...yes it is prohibited. Anywhere public, it's prohibited. But not in private. It's even up on top :icon_lol: However, it only says contact info, so I think as long as he doesn't share his contact info, he's fine.

4. LD579

There's nothing wrong with meeting up with people or swapping contact info... as long as:

1. You're cautious and don't just hand out your info without getting a sense of who the other person is
    2. You do so privately, either through Private Messaging (Only possible between full members, or between anyone and staff) or through Private Chat in the Chat Room (Only possible for full members). For you, you probably should aim to become a full member...

To do so, you'll need 50+ posts that are not in the Fun and Games section. You've already been a member for two weeks or longer, so you fit that criteria... Once you get 50+ posts, fill out the easy and entirely free full member application. You'll get a response sometime after telling you whether or not you've been accepted as a full member.

Besides that... I'm sorry to hear that. It's almost July 1st... And so if you hope to find someone to room with you on EC, that just isn't going to happen in time. If this is truly a situation as desperate as it seems, I'd suggest that you look elsewhere on other sites. I wish you the best.

5. BudderMC

Yep, the other members are correct. You can't exchange personal information in any public areas of the forums (so the forums, member walls, etc.). It's really a precaution to maintain the security of the site, so people feel safe coming here (ex. not preyed on), particularly since we cater to minors as well.

You can however exchange this information when you are a Full Member with other Full Members, so long as it's done over Private Message. You can also Private Message any of the staff at any point (even when you're a Regular Member) if you have something you wish to talk about.

As Luthan said, if your situation is as urgent as it sounds, you're probably better off looking somewhere else for a roommate because you won't meet the requirements for Full Membership in this timeframe, let alone likely find someone that close to you who has an empty room. I would encourage you to stick around the forums though as it's probably a good support network for you, even moreso if you're going through tough times.

All the best, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

6. Foxface

well then...I stand corrected!

Sorry OP

Foxface

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be clear... we discourage it, but we don't prohibit it. Budder's totally correct in what he said, but at the same time, we don't really want people to focus on looking for partners or dates or hookups or otherwise on meeting in real life. So really, both positions are essentially correct. :slight_smile: