1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a straight friend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoyashiAlice, Jun 28, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

I have this friend who I had a crush on. She was the reason that I discovered I was bi and really helped me out a lot with my personal problems. We both have social anxiety, were depressed, and helped each other out. Then one night she texted me and said she was going to kill herself. Thank goodness I managed to talk her out of it. But since then our relationship has been close. We don't touch at all or anything (I have this issue with being touched) but once you save someone's life you feel really connected... However, I feel really guilty that I liked her.

She doesn't know that I'm bi or that I had a thing for her and I intend to keep it that way. I'm interested though, have any of you guys had a crush on a straight friend? What did you do?

2. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Wow, your friend sure is lucky to have you!

I know it is hard not to feel guilty about liking a straight friend. I felt extremely guilty when I liked one of my best friends. I think the best thing you can do is tell her. That's what I did. It was eating me up inside. Before I tried to cut away my feelings. I would not recommend that path. It made me intensely miserable, and whenever I saw her it was like she had stabbed me. I kept telling myself "she means nothing to you." That would have killed our friendship had I not stopped and embraced my feelings. So I told her how I felt, and she was amazingly kind and considerate. She promised never to judge me, and that she would still be my friend. Now I feel a lot lighter and freer. If this girl is as true a friend as you say she is you may want to consider expressing your feelings. But that's just my two cents.

3. Candace

I had this one straight guy in my class from Brazil. He wore sleeveless shirts everyday and was obviously very well built. I became friends with him (since he knew the subject material in our class better and I couls speak Portuguese with him). I was really torn up inside since I wanted to NOT be attracted to him and be friends...but you can't control who you like, right? Over time, I told him I was gay (hopefully to see if he was a homophobe or not) and he was perfectly ok with it. But I also (in time) found some annoying behaviours that he has such as talking about sleeping with girls, his friends, his car, and giving off kind of a douchy persona. Nonetheless, I lost attraction to him since I found out that although his appearance was amazing, his personality needed a bit of work. I'm still friends with him and he doesn't know that I once had a crush on him.

4. MoyashiAlice

Chickenlover- Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile: Though I don't think I would ever tell my friend I used to like her (in the past). But when I did like her it did get awkward at one point when she had a boyfriend at the school. They were always kissing and stuff which was awkward. Then whenever she would hang out with me alone I would feel bad and kinda guilty even though I never did anything. I didn't want to mess up her relationship with the guy though.

ElPanaChevere- Aw, sorry it didn't work out. :frowning2: Thanks for sharing though, glad I'm not the only one.