1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating good or bad ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocketgirl1, Jun 28, 2013.

1. rocketgirl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've been trying the online dating thing for quite awhile now. I met some people but it never really went any where. I'm just coming out / accepting my self and I don't go to gay bars just not a big bar person, and I seem to only be able to meet gay men which is great but I would like to date a woman. I'm in college at a small town that doesn't have many gays and yes I've tried my lgbt group and every one is taken. So any advice or web sites would be awesome, cuz oh gay cupid isn't coming up with any thing.

2. LD579

Just a friendly heads up. Dating sites and other sites intended for adults (18+ sites and such) aren't allowed to be posted or named publicly. This includes on walls as well.

It really might just be a matter of location. I don't know how small your town is... so it depends. Just being friendly, making new friends and acquaintances, and taking opportunities to meet others will allow you to eventually meet romantic prospects.

Have you considered going to a bar? You could try it and see how it is. If things aren't what you'd like, you could always leave. Part of dating is putting yourself out there, and sometimes that means you take opportunities that are there that you may not necessarily be 100% comfortable with.

If you went during down time, it may be more tame and all. Also, some bars' atmospheres vary widely from each other... A more low key one may be a nice place to start, perhaps.

Besides that, just keep trying, I suppose. One thing to keep in mind is that many times people find others when they least expect it. It's odd... but it's true.

3. rocketgirl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, I think I will try to put my self out there more. I have a large city pretty close to me so I'll try to go to more lgbt events. And yeah I think I'll stop looking and just go with the flow of life.

4. sexyalex

Dating sites are one of those things that are a matter of opinion.

5. time4achange3

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes, but be careful.

6. Hexagon

I've considered it. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If it works for you, great. My issues are concerning my gender. I don't like putting it on my profile, but if I don't I'd have to tell them sometimes, and in all likelyhood, they'd be turned off me. So yeah.

7. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like dating sites or anything like that. It takes the romance out of it for me. I'd prefer to meet someone (online or offline) without it being set up, and then have it build in to a strong friendship and then maybe something more.