1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budapest Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by evora, Jun 29, 2013.

1. evora

It starts today and I won't be there.:icon_sad: Sorry to start a thread about it, I just wanted to say that. My mother doesn't want me to talk about anything gay related so I can't even mention it. Especially because my 'coming out' to her (which was a total disaster by the way) started with me asking her to come to the Pride march with me.

Maybe I can go next year. I've also been thinking about going to Zagreb Pride in 2014 if I won't be living in Budapest at the time because it would actually be closer to home. Except I don't speak Croatian..yet. But I'll try to learn it (especially if that's what I'm going to be studying at university, which I won't know yet for another month) then I'll probably try to go because Zagreb Pride might be a bit less intimidating than the one in Budapest.

Actually, the Pride march will be next Saturday but today is the opening ceremony. I've always wanted to live in Budapest but never as badly as now.

What's unfair though is there are three LGBT organizations in three cities (other than the capital) that take people to Budapest, for free, and they provide one or two nights of accommodation as well. But they're all in a completely different part of the country.

Sorry for the rant.

I know you probably don't know much (if anything) about Budapest so you could comment on Zagreb Pride or what gay pride is like in your country, your experience, opinion, etc.

2. Hun

Hun

Ah Hungary, my home. Not Budapest specifically though. I was born in Miskolc. Any word on what queer life is like home?

3. evora

It could be better. I'm (probably unreasonably) scared of what might happen before & after the elections.:confused:

4. little dick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear Evora :

Fist of all, what a great, Hungarian name!!!!!, My dad was from Hungary, and I've been to Budapest several times, what a beautiful city. Too bad the Russian Government now controls all of Hungary, and has since nineteen fifty-six { that was when the Russians took over a very defiant Hungarian government }. I wasn't aware of any pride parade going on in Budapest, but thanks for the wonderful information. If you ever get a chance, go visit Budapest, you will absolutely love it there.

Did you know that the Danube river splits Budapest. On the right side of the Danube river is Buda, and on the left side of the Danube river is pest { pronounced Pesht }. Go see Parliment, it is really beautiful, and has all kinds of fascinating history in it. Hungary has really amazing history to it.

You sound like an amazing person, I hope that we can be friends, Oh I forgot to introduce myself, Silly me, I'm Jayme, { we'll it's really James, but I prefer
    Jayme }.

5. Amerigo

1956 never forget!