1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rachel jeantel (trayvon martin case)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MerBear

I'm catching up with the trial and I've been hearing a lot about her and I actually feel bad for her because she's a key witness and she's been stuck in doing her testimony for a long time and im watching and it seems, she's just really nervous and seems very panicked

opinions on her?

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I said in another thread, I thought Jeantel did a very poor job for the prosecution. I think they may be in trouble.

The prosecution should have prepared her months ago.

#2 Mike92, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. AlamoCity

She seems like a sweet girl. I think she is traumatized by the events that transpired. I will say that her changing parts of her story can be important for the defense and may paint her testimony as unreliable. That said, in criminal law, witness testimony is at the bottom of the reliability totem pole.

That said, I have heard comments that she's not the sharpest crayon in the box; although I will make no claims about that because it could be the sheer trauma of reliving the events in open court.

If I was in that jury, I wouldn't give her testimony much weight and rely more on the physical evidence.

4. MerBear

English is apparently her 3rd language....did anyone hear of that?

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2013 at 07:45 PM ----------

Yeah but I also think the questions were kind of trippy. I wouldn't know what they were asking either but your right, she should have been prepared before doing this

But i will say, its not easy doing her job either. its actually really hard. its more than telling the truth

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2013 at 07:46 PM ----------

exactly.

5. partmin123

partmin123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I like her. I like her attitude and the way she stood up for herself against Zimmerman's lawyer when he was askig stupid questions and trying to scare her