1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incident

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joey, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    So yeah... at the gym today I was lifting like usual, and one of the guys that I've never seen before there eyes me down and pretty much shouts"Hey faggot... I don't like you in my gym." Bad part is that I could hear him through my earbuds on my Ipod, so I know others heard him too.

Pissed off, I drop what I'm doing, stand up and take a couple steps forward, sizing him up; he's like, 3 inches shorter than me and about half as big so I go "Is that so... curious, I don't see you here... ever. I've be coming here everyday for the past 3 weeks and not once have you graced myself, nor anybody else with your presence. How is it you claim this to be yours?"

Still staring me down, people start looking at us, although we're separated by a rack of freeweights and dumbbells he tries he punch me in the face... rather slowly I might add. Luckily enough I'm pretty fast and I dodge his fist and throw a punch, stopping it less than an inch from his jaw. Literally something from a fucking movie... so he stares at me, I stare back without moving my fist and go "...I think you'd better leave."

He looks bitter and pissed and storms out... Looking around, people are kinda gawking at me and I go "Wow... usually in movies or something he stands up for himself and there's some sort of rumble... I feel he's cheated all of you out of a show."

Anywho... that's what's happened to me today. Except for the chemistry lecture where my professor from last semester gave a guest lecture and taught us pretty much everything about cocaine and how to make it into crack cocaine...

2. Trumpetplyer23

You've had an interesting day, glad to hear that it turned out alright.

3. Joey

I still think I should have hit him... but whatever... dick

4. Brandford

:eek: wow, very well done:thumbsup:, but no u shouldnt have hit him, then u would have been kicked out of ur gym

5. musicgirl112233

6. SlickyPants

No, you shouldn't have hit him. What you did accomplished more than enough without any violence. You ought to be proud of yourself. He left on his own accord. Hopefully he won't be back and if he is, maybe he won't be so open about his prejudices. More importantly, everyone watching this transpire will learn that bigotry will not be tolerated in society.

Besides, it made for an excellent story and you didn't get banned from your gym. :thumbsup:

7. panda

You did the right thing.:thumbsup:

8. Joey

Very insightful... thank you. Although after that all went down, everything went back to normal and whatnot so I guess it was just that one fella. Interesting.... at least an example was made of somebody, and people that know me there now know that I won't tolerate being talked down to.