1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion poll (may be triggering)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 29, 2013.

?

What is your stance?

1. I am female and Pro-life

10 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. I am male and Pro-life

20 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I am female and pro-choice

65 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. I am male and Pro choice

122 vote(s)
    50.6%
  5. Mixed/unsure/No opinion

24 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. MerBear

Okay so I want to know the gender side of the whole thing.
    Someone said, the its usually men who are pro-life but I always thought it was women

and i thought, the majority of people are pro-life but i did another poll on a different form and found a lot of teens were pro choice which was surprising to me

Now, if the gender I give does not apply to you, You can let me know, I try to be fair. :slight_smile:

You can state your opinion on your stance. i'm just trying to compare and contrast on the results :slight_smile:

#1 MerBear, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. Hefiel

Male, Pro-Choice. What a woman does with her own body isn't my business so long as it doesn't directly affect me...and it never will because I'm gay!

3. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pro-choice, but I will say that I don't exactly like the idea of having an abortion, but frankly, I don't think anyone does. And just because abortion's legal, that doesn't mean that I have to go out and have an abortion (not that I can, mind you). And I also understand and acknowledge that there are many personal and individual factors that may make a woman feel that having an abortion is the right choice for her, and I might not understand all of them because, well, I'm not a woman.

4. Foxface

male and very pro choice. I am not that lovely women so I don't get to tell her what to do

Foxface

5. TraceElement

I'm pro choice. It's not my life or body, so I can't force her one way or another.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm non-binary, in a male body. (Thanks a lot, nature... :rolle:slight_smile:

I'm pro-choice, and I find the anti-abortion view to be morally reprehensible in the extreme.

7. MerBear

Its funny. Every time, i say its nobody's business what a women does with her body, they shut up me out.....AT least some share the same view as me

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

Thanks for telling me :grin:

8. Sarcastic Luck

Not sure what I am, so let's say non-binary. I'm pro-choice.

9. MerBear

thank you :slight_smile:

10. Anshel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am male and Pro choice. When I was a child my aunt was pregnant and once I overheard her talking to my mom that she’d had 3 abortions before. I didn’t understand how could she could kill a life inside of her.
    But I changed my mind a few years ago. One of my best friends got pregnant. We were 16 and she got pregnant from a stranger with whom she’d slept after breaking up with her bf. She asked what should she do, she was really scared. We considered all the options and she had an abortion. A few weeks ago my best friend got pregnant. She lives in Moscow too far away from her parents, and it just happened that she trusted her boyfriend too much. She told him about pregnancy and he was ready to have children with her, to have a family. They are both students, and he decided to have 2 jobs. She called me in tears and we talked. And the main reason I think women should have their choices because if they get pregnant at young age because of a stupid mistake some guys made, then they should also have choices whether to keep that “mistake” as a future baby, or not to keep “it”. Many girls ruin their lives when they have so many opportunities ahead of them. Well, I think it must be pro choice.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Male, pro-choice.

I don't consider the potential lives of fetuses as important as the in-progress lives of pregnant women and those around them. Not to mention we have enough darn people on this planet, and enough kids without loving homes. I can't say that having an abortion is a trivial decision, but if the hard choice needs to be made, the opportunity needs to be available.

12. Male and pro-choice here. I just don't like the fact that most pregnant women use abortion as a form of birth control. If a woman is using abortion as birth control, I'd be like,"B*tch, deal with it. It's your man's fault that he didn't use a condom."

Rapists may not use protection and they end up impregnating the woman. Abortion for rape victims is an absolute must. I understand that every life deserves to live, but babies that are born from rape would be an absolute nightmare for the mother. Imagine when the kid grows up and finds out he was a complete accident and born from rape.

13. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

As a female-leaning non-binary person capable of becoming pregnant, I am completely pro-choice. I think abortion should be legal at least up until the fetus is completely viable outside the womb, if not later, in all circumstances. If the pregnant person's wellbeing is in danger, abortion should be available regardless of how far along the fetus is. A person should never have to endure a pregnancy they don't want.

14. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Male and pro-choice. I figure I shouldn't regulate someone else's body.

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like the idea of abortion, but if a woman has to abort a foetus, I think that it is best for the child not to be born at all. A child born in poverty, or who has forced its mother to leave work is not a child who has been done a "favour." In any case, a foetus doesn't have consciousness that grants it more rights than the carrying mother.

And although I don't like it, I would never think less of a woman who has had an abortion, despite what my mother's Catholic morality tries to enforce on me. I've known women who have had abortions, and I don't think less of them for that.

#15 Aussie792, Jun 29, 2013
  16. julia

If you know you can not take care of a child, you should not be selfish enough to bring it into the world. And that's that.

17. castle walls

I'm a female that is strongly pro choice. I think pro life is really unfair to the child. A lot of people say "Oh, it is her fault that she got pregnant so she should deal with it" but, first off, abortion is dealing with it. I strongly doubt that anyone wants to go through an abortion. Secondly, the person that would really be suffering is the child. It has to be awful being an unwanted child. It must be even worse if your parents can't take care of you either financially or emotionally. Thirdly, I don't think it is right to treat a child as a punishment to the parents. On a fourth note, if even the parent(s) are saying they aren't qualified to raise a child, it might be a good idea to believe them.

I also question the ethics of controlling someone else's body by making abortion illegal.

That is just my opinion. I'm not going to enter into a huge debate because I find debates online about controversial issues pointless but I will clarify my opinion if I wasn't clear.

18. MerBear

Everyone is allowed to state their opinion but if you choose not to, that's fine :slight_smile:
    I'm not going to hate people for being pro life or anything.

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Pro-choice, without a doubt. I'm a die hard liberal and it's no right of mine to determine what anyone does with their body. A woman should never be obligated to carry a child if she doesn't have the means, either financially or mentally/emotionally to care for the child. Don't even care if abortion's used as 'birth control', not my right to judge. You're not carrying the kid! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pro-lifers I have debated with took the opposite stance on this detail. They assume that abortion is suffering for the would-be baby. I've even heard "You don't hear the opinions of people who were aborted." Well, no you don't, because they never lived to form one.

Once or twice I even got "Would you still have that opinion if your parents aborted you?" Funny thing about that is that there would never have been a "me." Self-awareness doesn't develop, at the very least, for several months after birth. While I would never dream of killing a baby who had already been born, a person who is killed before being able to interpret (and more importantly remember) the world may has well have never lived. Does anyone remember being an infant?

EDIT: The consideration of legislating other people's bodies also comes into play. It's closely related to murder laws, but is wholly dependent on where you draw the line between "human with rights" and "post-coital cluster of dividing cells."

#20 Argentwing, Jun 29, 2013