1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight Pride UK"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Wow Just WOW

https://twitter.com/StraightPrideUK

The appeared on twitter to coincide with the Pride celebrations happening all over the world, some of this really offends me, particularly the "Natural Orientation" I am naturally gay, I didn't have a choice in it, I have never experienced anything other than being gay. Its a hurtful flippant statement.

I think they seem to forget that heterosexuals have never been persecuted, have never been sent to prison for loving someone, never been executed for being in love. I just find the whole premise moronic, it is as bad as the "White Pride" idiots

2. Fiddledeedee

I love the phrase "The Pink Mafia". :lol:

3. Beware Of You

I think they could be a joke.....

You must be really insecure about your sexuality to come up with this.

4. MixedNutz

Found this in Tumblr

Straight Pride - If they can why can’t we? Am I right? Or do we not have the right to free speech?

"no you don’t get to have straight pride you stupid fuck
    politicians don’t fight to have straight marriage banned. parents do not kick their children out of their homes because they’re straight. friends do not abandon their friends once they realize they’re straight. people are not assaulted by bigots for being straight. people do not commit suicide because everyone around them treated them like shit for being straight
    you have nothing to be proud of. you haven’t been discriminated against or insulted for being heterosexual. you haven’t struggled to feel normal in a society which tells you that being queer is unnatural. you don’t get a straight pride because you don’t fucking need one
    i cannot fucking believe that there are still people who want “straight" pride
    go fuck yourself"
    :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

5. Alexander69

Honestly I think these people should be beaten badly I'm sorry but the world would be a better place without hate. You know what makes me laugh Is that they are so ignorant and oblivious to the ever changing world and society around them it's sad. The fact this is In the UK shocks me more I thought maybe a republican family in the states but not UK wow. Very disappointed to be British when I read this. Honestly I think people like this want attention and are not satisfied with things that they do not understand. It's fear of not understanding something. They say we are different and it's a choice yet even if it was a "choice" it's bone of their god damn fucking buisness it's OUR choice not theirs. They can suck it if they don't like it. I'm so damn sick of people like this SICK of it they should be locked up and never let out in to public. Money can higher the best lawyers I'm certain there is something thy they have done that is illegal keep it updated eye if they are doing hate speech that's illegal to slander or dehumanize people based on rave or sexual orientation. I really do yes.... HATE I shouldn't say hate but I do HATE people like this they have no idea the stress we undergo on a day to day bases, the feeling of not being accepted by the ones who are genetically supposed to love you, the feeling that society won't treat you right, the fear of name calling and emotional abuse from people.

The constant arguing if the idea it's a "choice" if it's a choice do you think that me hen I was 7 yes 7 years old bot even knowing about SEX or GAYS chose to be attracted to men? I have always been I didn't Know what sex was yet I had this attraction to men the same sex. To make a choice you need to have an idea of one or the other and based on good judgement choose, I didn't know about heterosexuality or homosexuality so how could I have chosen either or? Makes no sense.

I hear people say that gay couples with have gay children...... Last I checked heterosexuals were having gay children right? Hmmmm if its a choice what did THEY do wrong?

I hear people say it's been proven a disease. Ok show me in medical books form before 1960's and 1970's. now it has been proven its not a disease.

"Gay men are more promiscuous" they say...... Well I'm no the one knocked up you dirty slut.

Homosexuality deserves its due penalty. So love is a penalty now? In my opinion it's an abomination for people do deny another's freedom who are you that right? Who are you god himself! Love is love is love is love. "Animals know who to do it with" yes there are gay animals and yes they know who to "do it with"

People pick and choose at the bible and it bothers me they look past the parts about pre marital sex and women not being virgins in their wedding day. It says of a wan is not a Virgin on her wedding day she shall be stoned to death, a book of peace bring so much murder and evil. A book that lead to the crusades. A book which people change to fit their own Personal beliefs.a book which mentions nothing of dinosaurs nothing of space. A boom of guidelines that leave out so much that is neede to Know, about which says Adam and Eve yet we know about the ironically "homos" the first humans.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 05:17 AM ----------

It makes me so F**KING MAD I HATE IGNORANT ASS HOLES LIKE THIS! I HATE THEM! To make a straight pride gtfo of here seriously

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 05:20 AM ----------

Making a mockery of us OMG I want to PUNCH them all out OMG!!!!!!! I hate people like this! Straight pride my ass they have it all the time they are not discriminated against told that gays are evil disgusting and deserve to die! What bothers me is the fct that they are making a mockery out of what we have as gays tried hard to earn respect for GAY PRIDE they go and make a mockery out of it that's what pisses me off the most of all! They did it to undermine US! That's why I assure you. Straight pride me ass

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 05:21 AM ----------

I'm watching it if I see one hate comment Im taking it to the news these people need to be made fools of I'm watching that page like a hawk or an egal!

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 05:22 AM ----------

Frauds they just want attention and followers I bet they are in partnership with the WBC

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 05:23 AM ----------

Might I add the WBC are legally banned from Canada for hate speech

6. Beware Of You

Their followers are all UKIP bigots

7. Hexagon

Even a legitimate attempt at a non-homophobic straight pride is unnecessary, because heterosexuals have never been oppressed. But when they start being 'proud' because they're what they consider to be 'natural' (a highly overrated thing to be) or 'normal', its just fucking stupid.

8. MerBear

i know a lot of people who believe there should be straight pride.

there reason is "if they can be proud of their sexuality. why can't we?"

9. Beware Of You

I highlighted that to them on twitter, they banned me so

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 03:20 PM ----------

They don't know what gay pride is about then, heterosexuals were never repressed, forced into the underground. I doubt they would have heard of Stonewall (the reason why Pride is always in June) or anything.

Its the same short sighted logic that comes up with White History Month "Da black people haz a history month, we should haz one"

I wish LGBT history would be taught in school more

10. FruitFly

I'm going to sound absolutely terrible, but honestly I don't give a rats arse about people engaging in a straight pride movement providing they're not actively promoting discrimination or hostility towards others. Reading through it sounds like they've modelled themselves on a few gay pride groups in terms of their word choice (they state they're proud of being naturally straight, and I've seen several LGBTQ groups stating they're proud of being naturally LGBTQ...). If people want to have their own straight pride parade, and want to emulate gay pride in the pursuit of heterosexual awareness, then if they can manage to do so without being dicks about it then they should be free to do that.

While it is very tempting to jump on the "they have not experienced discrimination!" and other such things, in the name of equality if they want to have such an event then they should have one, providing they are capable of being respectful and keeping to the point rather than making it into a "the gays are oppressing us, VIVA LA REVOLUTION!" soapbox.

With that said, that Twitter sounds like a piss take. If it's not a piss take then it's doing a very good job of coming across like a special episode of Brass Eye. Seriously, some of the phrases they're using sound like they've basically ripped them from certain LGBTQ websites/communities and then adjusted them. I'm hoping it's all satirical nonsense, as I can imagine doing something like this then finding it all highly amusing when people reacted as they have been to it.

#10 FruitFly, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  11. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do they know straight people can go to gay pride as "Straight support".

12. Harve

It's hilarious.

But if they're setting up stands at Glastonbury then I think they've taken their little joke slightly too far.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 04:53 PM ----------

It's a counter-protest though rather than something separate to gay pride, which is why it's a problem.

13. Amerigo

we should all protest with signs and banners that read - "heterosexuality is a sin!". give them a taste of their own medicine.

14. Hexagon

No. Because then they'd need straight pride.

15. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha! Loll they would look idiots, whats so great about being normal? Lol

16. Beware Of You

I wonder what their flag would be? The opposite of a rainbow so a grey/black cloud coloured flag?

17. Minx

:eusa_eh: This makes me think of H.P. pure-blood pride... No, just no. :lol:

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED IT YOU FUCKING NITWITS!!!!

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness, straight pride is as justifiable as a soup kitchen for the rich, or a hospital for healthy people.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  20. sugarcubeigloo

It makes me sad to think that people who think like that breathe the same air as me.