1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenixverde, Jun 30, 2013.

1. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The whole coming out process is annoying. When you're hetero it is all about finding a relationship. Being homosexual is all about the sex. Like all a gay person thinks about is having sex with everyone around. Sure, there are homosexuals who are looking for hook ups, but there are plenty of heterosexuals who are just the same.

It is SO dumb.

2. LD579

...Well, I hope this rant helped you. There are people, just in general, who look for hookups. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it may be a bit annoying to you if you want a meaningful relationship. To be honest, it shouldn't be annoying, but I can understand why it is.

The way you meet people may also be a factor. Some sites and apps are more hookup-oriented... and some places are more for hookups. For instance, a club would be more hookup-oriented than... like a meetup... in theory.

3. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out to my Mom and now she is acting like I am going to go have a lot of sex with anyone and that I'll try to seduce straight women. She told me I shouldn't hang around a lot of gay people because I don't want to be sucked into the gay lifestyle.

4. LD579

Oh. I understand now. I apologize.

It's kind of just from ignorance and lack of exposure. It's unfortunate, but what can you do?

That's not a rhetorical question, thankfully. You can continue to be yourself and her views may change slightly over time. There's also PFLAG and other online resources, and perhaps some in-person resources, too. Those may not be helpful if she's just unreceptive to that idea, though, and/or stubborn and doesn't want to change her views.

5. Hefiel

That reminded me a bit of this:

[YOUTUBE]1_wWJ-_4uSY[/YOUTUBE]

But yes, there is a lot of stereotypes around the gay community portraying it as a very "sexual" one, which to my knowledge isn't entirely untrue. However, it's only just a part of the community that is this way, much like it's not all the straight folks who are trying to have sex left and right, but just a part of the whole group.

6. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She asked if I had a gay walk? Like...how I walked would change because I am gay.

I sent the PFlag site to them. Thank you. I forgot about it. I think it will help.

Awesome video.

Thank you for letting me rant. I needed to feel like people were on my side.