1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prove to someone you dont care and you dont want to listen to them anymore...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Scarlet123, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Scarlet123

okay so, basically my mum knows that i told my best friend i love her which was ages ago and i'm completely over it. but my mum consistently annoys me sayin things that really frustrate me, for example; a bout 2 months ago (a few months after i told my best friend) my mum suggested i have a sleep over for my birthday which is ages away. so like last week i said ok so whats the plan? and she goes i dont know i dont think you are old enough for a hotel. and i said oh ok i will do something else then but can my friends have a sleep over another day? so she says no because you having girls to sleep over is like your sister having boys to sleep over :| so i said oh ok do you want me to invite a boy to sleep over then? she goes aha thats funny. the day she found out she was like "its ok" and "its just a phase" but no she wont leave me alone and i havent said another word on this topic. some days she just comes out with dont worry i dont blame u or i respect your decision and this stuff but then other days shes the opposite. like today, i said remember last week you said i can have a friend over? (which she did) and she goes yeah as long as you tell me first, so i said ok well what about saturday? she said no after skl so i replied ohh but they dont go to my skl and she said umm ur not inviting *anonymous* u can ask anyone else.... wth?? yh i like her but she dont know that... wtf why cant she leave me alone already she doesnt even know anything.

i thank anyone who actually read this paragraph and even more so to those who can help me with this situation? -p.s. sorry if it doesn't make sense i tend to talk gibberish in strong moods like this... thanks

---------- Post added 1st Jul 2013 at 07:21 PM ----------

but really, i was expecting at least someone to bother reading... does anyone actually try??? come on i need a little faith here any ideas? at all???? please?

2. Scarlet123

Re: How to prove to someone you dont care and you dont want to listen to them anymore

thanks guys, i feel so much happier thanks to all your comments :slight_smile: now im thrilled :grin:

---------- Post added 1st Jul 2013 at 07:45 PM ----------

at least now im on 100 posts ;:wink:

3. Quaiv

Re: How to prove to someone you dont care and you dont want to listen to them anymore

I might be wrong, but it seems like she believes the stereotype "all bi people are promiscuous and will jump anyone willing". Of course, she also doesn't want your sister to have boys over so it may be only the whole "teenagers are just a bunch of irresponsible hormones" thing. I'd advise that you talk to her to find out which one it is in your case. Then, either you debunk this bi myth and remind her that yes, you can control yourself, thank you very much (oh, and what's with this "I respect your decision"? It's not a decision...), or you ask your sister to help you negociate so that both of you can have whoever you want over.