1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st LGBT Meeting tonight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well Guys, I went to my 1st LGBT Meeting tonight with a friend & really enjoyed myself, we went in & bought ourselves something to drink, we sat down & started talking, people were siting down on other seats & after about 15 minutes, a group congregated in the corner.

My friend asked one of the Women, what we needed to do & she said "take a seat by the group & join in" we sat down by the group & we introduced ourselves, the group then introduced themselves to us & we got talking, by the end of the night, I was sitting with the other Guys & my friend was sitting with the women, there was only one Trans women there & the rest were Gay & Lesbian.

We said our goodbyes at the end of the night & said "that we will come back". :slight_smile:

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats buddy, I'm glad you had a good time

3. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

congrads glad you had fun

4. Grrrr331

Sounds really fun. I wish I could go to a LGBT meeting someday.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They have 2 Meetings a Month, so I have got another one in 2 Weeks time, the people are really nice, the Trans M2F Woman was quite quiet, she didn't say much, I can be quite shy myself when I meet people for the 1st time, I wanted to speak to her, she seemed like she was alone in a crowded room, if that makes any sense, perhaps when I get over my shyness, I will speak to her :slight_smile:

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats Dublin Boy! Glad it was enjoyable :slight_smile:

-----
    When I went to PrideFest a couple weeks ago I stopped by the booth a GLBT group for runners/walkers had there, and picked up one of their information sheets since I do like to go out for walks :slight_smile:
    * One good thing is They do a run/walk basically every weekend
    * Its a bit far from me (which is both good and bad LOL - good since its away from where I live .. bad being its probably a 45 minute trip to get there (or 1+hour for the 2nd location))
    * Might be cool but I'm too afraid to go anyway (plus I'm guessing its geared more towards runners than walkers)
    one of these days maybe I'll get the guts to ask a few questions on their website and/or sign up for their e-mail list :lol:

7. melbournian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yours sounds so good, when I went to one, it was so much serious topic discussion. JEALOUS!

8. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Dude, I gotta try and go someday. Sound like alot of fun. I wonder of they have those here in Austin?

9. srslywtf

congrats... See I would love to go to one, but I couldn't do it on my own, and dont have a friend to take.

I'm jealous

10. Holly

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to join the Pride Society when I go university...