1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad and Shocking News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jul 1, 2013.

1. justjade

OK, so some of you have read my posts about going back to my old job. I actually started back today. But before I went to work, I went to hang out with some of my friends. While I was at their house, one of them told me about this guy we used to work with.

He started by asking me, "Did you hear what happened to Steve?"

I told him I'd heard that Steve moved to northern Ohio because he got a really good job.

My friend said, "Actually, he didn't move. He ended up staying here. He committed suicide last night."

I was just instantly in shock. I couldn't even believe it. I was definitely bothered by it, but it didn't hit me until I went to work.

At work, one of my friends that still works there approached me and asked me if I heard about what happened to Steve. I told her I'd heard about it earlier. Then she told me this:

"Yeah, they found a shitload of pills in his system. I guess he tried to cut his wrists, but when that didn't kill him fast enough, he hanged himself. His ex-girlfriend left work today crying."

Then another of my coworker friends joined the conversation. She said, "You know, I can't even believe he'd bow out like that. He had a lot going for him. He had a great job, a BBA, I mean, he could have gone anywhere and done anything."

It wasn't until she said that that it hit me. I already knew he had a BBA (which is a Bachelor's of Business Administration) and a good job, but this friend of mine was right. He could have gone anywhere and done anything. And yet, he ended his life in such a terrible way. I still can't even believe it actually happened. I didn't even know the guy that well, but we had some good times. He was just fun to be around. He was one hell of a guy.

It is sad because (we think) the reason he killed himself was because of something that happened between him and his ex-girlfriend, but I seriously doubt we'll ever know for sure.

I realized, though, that in the wake of this tragedy, those of us who are still alive have a job to do. We all have so much to offer the world, and if we die or end our own lives before we're even given the chance to live up to our potential, that's exactly what people will be saying about us at our funerals. We have to live full lives. What I have taken from this is that life really is too short, be it by circumstance or by choice, and we have to do everything with it that we possibly can.

And I want you all know that I want you to keep on living and that I love all of you, and I really, truly want all of you to be everything you can be.

As for Steve, he was an honest man and an intelligent fellow. May he rest in peace.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors. (&&&)

2. justjade

And I just got off the phone with my sister over suicidal thoughts she's been having. This is a sad day. :frowning2:

3. Amerigo

this reminded me of when my friend died in a freak accident while on holiday, this is when we were 16, seems so young. he had a bright future ahead of him. (*hug*) stay strong, calm and collected, we love you too, and might i say i love you all.

4. AlamoCity

Wow. I'm very sorry to hear what happened to Steve. In a way, this helps us count our blessings that we are alive and in this world.

(&&&)

5. Hudson

Jade, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so tragic when someone so young and full of potential feels they need to end it all.

I learned Saturday a friend from high school - a really cool, great guy, with a lot going for him, committed suicide earlier last week, so I fully understand what you're going through right now.

Here's to all those who we've lost to such a tragic end. May they all rest in peace, and we honor them by living our lives to the fullest.

6. justjade

Awe, thank you so much, bro. (*hug*) I am sorry for your loss as well. I will try my damnedest to stay strong. Thank you for being here. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2013 at 02:20 AM ----------

Indeed. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2013 at 02:23 AM ----------

I'm sorry to hear that, dude. (*hug*)

I agree with you. Here's to all of them. May they all rest in peace.

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2013 at 02:25 AM ----------

I want to thank you all for being here and for sharing your thoughts. :slight_smile:

#6 justjade, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013