1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Greek tragedy"...? lol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Well, it's not really a tragedy. It's actually kind of silly. What's happening is, there's a guy at work who I'm convinced likes me, but I'm not interested in him for several reasons, I won't go into details. Meanwhile, we have a new guy who just started, and I find him outrageously adorable. From his personality to his looks, he is exactly my type, and he's everything that I'm hoping my first boyfriend will be. But here's the catch, there's a 99.9% chance he's straight.

So, voilĂ ! A boy who likes a boy who likes another boy who (most likely) likes girls, and I'm the one caught in the middle :eusa_doh:

Needless to say, this is frustrating as hell. However, it's also a blessing in disguise, as being involved with someone at work is just a flat-out bad idea anyway, especially for a gay person who has no intention of being open about their sexual preferences in the workplace. I'm sure anyone who's worked in a small-town supermarket can relate.

Anyway, I told one of my friends about this when we were hanging out recently. He's a writer, and he's all about classic literature, so he tends to look at things in a very deep, symbolic way. The way he reacted to my story was something like this: "dude, you got a Greek tragedy going on, man".

Of course, I laughed right away. It just sounded so inappropriately dramatic, but then I thought, this is exactly what an ancient Greek playwright would do to his poor characters. It's like I'm living in some bored old man's cruel mind game. The idea of it is kind of depressing, but it's interesting none the less.

So, have any of you ever been in a situation like this that was so ridiculous that it almost seemed like it was somehow staged like the Truman show? I'm not just talking about love interests, I mean like anything that struck you as a unique situation. Just curious...

2. AAASAS

This reminds me of the song Boys who like Boys.

Boys who like Boys who like Girls who like Boys who like Boys who like Girls who like Boys who like Boys.

Fucking annoying song. It was on the radio the other day when I was with my boyfriend, we both got annoyed.

This hasn't happened to me, I am not really attracted to straight males in a romantic sense.... which means I never develop crushes on them.