1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have been away for a while, and have been mulling this over

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jul 2, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been on for a bit and I have been hesitant to post this, but I'm going to talk about it.

I've been thinking recently about a girl I once played doctor with when I was a hormonal, horny preteen and I'm now realizing, her genitals weren't right for a normal girl. It looked like she had what was supposed to be a clitoris, only it looked like the tip of the male penis. She also only had one orifice. She didn't have any labia either.

I didn't know at the time as I had never seen a vagina before, and my school didn't teach sex ed, so I'd never seen a diagram of the female parts.

I think about it now and I wonder, did this happen naturally, like is she intersexed but raised as a girl? Or did her parents have a boy and make her into a girl? :tears: I'm confused.

2. srslywtf

weird, I remember this when i saw my cousin naked when we were like 7-10 somewhere in there.

Maybe its just all weird and super-small till later on?

3. Hexagon

I very much doubt she was simply given GRS as a baby. That would be highly unethical and illegal. But she may have been IS or there may have been some hormone irregularities during pregnancy. Usually what causes the clitoris to look like the head of a male penis is testosterone.

Or maybe its totally natural. I don't honestly know.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What threw me is that her urethra was in that clitoris/penis. I do know that's not normal for a normal female.

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, for a girl it's usually just below the base of it.

My guess is she was simply intersexed. There are a lot of intersexing conditions that can cause someone to look like that. They used to give intersexed babies surgery to make them look more like their assigned gender (usually female, because it's easier), but lately intersexed self-advocates have been encouraging doctors to wait until the child can consent to do it (or not, if that's what they prefer). They recommend still assigning a gender based on their best guess of how the child will identify (certain intersexing conditions usually result in certain gender identities) while being aware that the gender assigned could be wrong. (Then again, it can be wrong even if the kid isn't intersexed, as many members of EC can attest to.)

6. Hexagon

I'm not formally diagnosed with anything, but its quite likely that I'm IS. Consent is definitely the best option.