1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do hairdressers never cut my hair the way I want it...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Luke Matt, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Luke Matt

Like honestly...

Every time I've gone in for a haircut, I generally try to provide as much info as possible in regards to the way I want it cut. I love my long hair (short hair makes me look pudgier imo/just doesn't suit me) and I like to keep it that way. I usually just ask for a trim/make it a little neater (my hair has a habit of getting a bit shaggy when it gets too long), but they ALWAYS cut way too much off. It's gotten to the point where I've resorted to taking pictures in of haircuts that I'd like them to replicate (I took a photo in today and my hair looks nothing like the haircut in the photo)...

I'm so upset because I'm supposed to be going on a pseudo-date tomorrow and my self-esteem has just shot out the door. I don't even want to be seen in a public for at least a few good weeks.

I know hair grows back, but still...

:tears:

2. Ridiculous

I've learnt to take my hands out from under the gown thing and physically show them where to cut to. They always seem to actually quite like it when I do this.

3. srslywtf

More importantly, why when I go to the hairdressers and they put exactly the same product in my hair as I use at home, can I never get it to look as good?

4. evora

I have this problem too...Even when I explain and show her where to cut it, she makes it look nothing like what I asked for. Next time, I'm taking a photo with me (on my phone).

5. MrBrightside

I never really know what im after, and just kinda let them do what they like alot of the time :grin: Generally i come out quite chuffed with what they do :slight_smile:

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mine's actually really good at doing it. Lol
    I always get a trim just the way I like it, long but not shaggy. Guess I am lucky.

7. srslywtf

Also don't forget your hair is going to be different to the person you're trying to copy. I dont mean texture/colour/etc, I mean like.. the parts, how twisty it is at the top back, etc.

8. melbournian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Magical Powers, 'nuff said.