1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Culture Shock Time!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheTrueInferno, Jul 3, 2013.

1. TheTrueInferno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, an opportunity in my life just popped up, and will be taking place on July 22nd. I'll be moving to Iowa, where I have never been more north than St Louis, and not for longer than 3 days. I've been in Texas my whole life and have never lived away from this house, which will really throw me off. Luckily my friends from up there who I have known for a while were nice enough to give me the chance to move 16 hours north to give me a start on my feet, and they will also be helping some of our mutual friends get up there, too. Now, I've never moved, and will see this happening somewhat often.I've never done it, and for as much as I have accumulated in material possession, I'll be leaving more than half of it behind, which I'm assuming I'll just get used to. Question is, what is it like to change living from one place to another? The idea is out there for more to suddenly be away from the people I have known all my life for so long. I'm excited and nervous lol. Please, if you've moved enough times, please give me tips on how to get used to the place and the people