1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wedding plans/dreams!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by catboy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. catboy

Here we go! This foorum is to share weddiing plans/dreams, I will go first.

I want it either outside in a large garden or inside an old church. I want when we kiss a banner with a large rainbow to unfurl behind us. The banner will say, ...and the greatest of these is love. I want our honey moon to be to Alaska. Those are plans here are dreams!
    Two words, Elton John. I want Elton John to sing at my wedding! Okay your turn!

2. Goodnyte

I really want a simple outdoor wedding. No more than 50 people attending. I want us to be at a gorgeous lake with the sun setting behind us. There won't be chairs. People have legs they can stand, I'm not wasting money on chairs for 20 minutes. Cheesy I know, but that is what I want. I want to go on my honeymoon in Ireland and Scotland.

Just because I can I'm adding my dream proposal that will never happen. I want to be in Alaska, under the Northern Lights.

3. AlamoCity

Sorry for the long post.

Nice thread idea! I guess the gay side of me will pop out in this post :roflmao:. My ideal wedding would probably be in the Fall (in Texas, Fall = spring/summer). I would like to have it in Texas, officially, as in the marriage license issued by the state, just like my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents; I might wait many years, but maybe it'll happen by the time I'm ready to tie the knot.

For the location, I like the Hill Country. Preferably in a nice, rustic, outdoors venue.
    [​IMG]

I would like us to be dressed in either seersucker suits or maybe a tan linen one with colorful bowties.

[​IMG]

I always liked this idea for drinks and beverages, I don't know why I like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For dessert, this was an awesome idea, especially the pecan pie. Anyways, we'd have two grooms' cakes so we could have cake and pie! Yay diabetes :grin:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This song would be perfect for the first dance, even if it does talk about a girl.
    [YOUTUBE]heQNyYhuHZ4[/YOUTUBE]

In general, I would like a rustic and simple wedding in the Southern tradition. Maybe have 50-100 guests. I prefer to serve it buffet style and have a more relaxed atmosphere, because, although I do like formal events, for my wedding I want to relax and enjoy it. Heck, I'd be happy having a BBQ catered wedding. However, I am willing to compromise on the level of formality based on the wishes of my fiancé. I'm also not against blending traditions. And yes, there'll be country/bluegrass music playing for the dance part; if spouse wants pop, it'll be a weird but entertaining mix.

Now, to find a future husband :icon_wink.

4. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    My wedding would take place inside, because eww nature. Not in a church, because I don't like church. Just my friends and the family I have to invite. No dancing, only experimental and depressing electronic music. Catering by thundercloud subs. Ooo we need some my little pony references.

5. Hexagon

I don't really like the idea of marriage. It has too many religious connotations for my taste. And of course, there is the issue of gay marriage - I won't marry until gay people can.

I suppose I might get a civil partnership. If so, I'd want it to take place in a registry office with no one but the registrar, me and my partner. So that its over quickly. I HATE weddings.

6. EyesNeverLie

I'm not really sure if I ever want to get married but if I did.. I don't want nothing too fancy. I would, however, want my dream princess dress. I would like a wedding somewhere beautiful and tropical. Maybe, Hawaii.

7. This is what I would prefer also, but if my partner wanted to have a big ceremony, I wouldn't deny her that.

8. Hexagon

Same.

9. Dave5432

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love your idea for a wedding! And those groomsmen in the photo are very handsome! I'm a sucker for a cute guy in flip-flops. :icon_wink

10. King

King Guest

I might not have a wedding, but I want the marriage.

Though I have a few basics of what I'd like in a wedding if I had one.

My fiancé would wear a black tux (with white underneath) and I'd wear a white tux (with black underneath). Preferably it'd be in November on an even number Saturday, and it'd be outside - hopefully with some sort of snow, but it's not that important.

The guests would be minimal, just close family and a few friends.

No theme, but nothing rainbow-y.

11. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I live in the hill country-ish area.

Nice post.

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2013 at 11:06 AM ----------

I never day dreamed about a wedding until I realized I am a lesbian.

Let's see,

I want to get married under the stars. I want my hair down and my dress to be bohemian type lace, but not too fancy. I want to wear flip flops. I want to have a private moment when I see my bride for the first time. Me, her, and the photographer. Then we can walk down the isle together. I would love to get married on the beach, but I am open to ideas. I want to most of my budget to go towards having a big party after the wedding.

12. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Honestly... don't know o.o I want a marriage very badly xD It doesn't have to be over the top, but it definitely has to be memorable to not only me, but to the people attending (of which there will only be a few close people! and no family except my immediate one + one sister in law)

Other than that idk, especially what suit I would wear... would I even wear a suit o.o Would I match my partner... ahh so much, idk

13. Amerigo

i'm not getting married!

14. Bolin

I don't have any specific plans or anything. I just want to be married one day. Been a life-long dream of mine. I do know that I probably do not want a big ceremony or anything, though.

15. catboy

I fogot about stuff! I would like the colors of the suits and dresses (bridesmaid's or I guess groomsmaid's) to be grey with light blue flowers. I would wear a white suit with light blue flowers my fiancee could wear what he wanted. As far as food goes...my boyfriend now loves food especially steaks and such. I am a vegetarian and don't eat much so the food could be a weird mix of both. Great ideas to all of you! I really liked the building in the picture one of you posted along with the drink idea. I would love those and a champagne pyramid :grin:

16. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a great big Jewish wedding a little over 20 years ago, my wife and I had live music, incredible dancing and wonderful food...so I've been there and done that.

Frankly, in retrospect it was too much, all the stupid time wasted with a photographer, tolerating my wife's family BS...not saying it wasn't fun, but in the end it just felt like I was playing a role (duh!) and it ended kind of in an anticlimax...

So...for my next wedding, the operative words would be simple, symbolic, and beautiful. Religion can take a hike.

17. DeanIsHome

I just want my wedding in the freaking courthouse or whatever office it is and then go to a cabin in alaska just us to for the honeymoon ^_^

18. Aielar

I used to be dead against the thought of getting married, but over the past few years I have been thinking about (and planning, of sorts) my future wedding. Outdoors under the stars with paper lanterns for light is definite must, and I do know what song (right now, anyway) I would want for our first dance as a married couple. Not sure if I would it want buffet style or something else, but that is not my first priority anyway. I would want to keep it small, with just close friends and family, but I can see that turning into lots of people somehow. I would want just a simple dress, hairstyle, and makeup for the wedding - nothing too fancy or extravagant for me. Ideally, the wedding would take place at the end of summer (late August). No idea where the honeymoon would be - Tofino sounds like a nice place, but who knows.

19. Simple, and at my house. My best friend marrying me and my Mr. Right and our groomsmen cheering and getting me drunk LOL :grin:

20. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A nice simple wedding outdoors, with all of our family and friends with us. Only request I will really make is that our first dance be to Signal Fire by Snow Patrol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: