1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you guys confront your sexual orientation with your best friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ClanGuna, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ClanGuna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So last week my best friend and I were hanging out, she took my phone and browse through my photo gallery and she was quite startled at how little of hot girl's pictures I owned compared to the pictures of guys that I found attractive. She then started making gay jokes about me which made me so uncomfortable in front of my other friends. So while on our way home there was this hot girl who got on the bus, at the first glance I just thought she was a ordinary looking lady and didn't pay much attention to her, then I was sight seeing all the beautiful sceneries. All of a sudden my best friend called out my name abruptly and asked if I know how to checkout girls, to which I responded with a long toothy awkward smile and brushed it off. She said I'm acting innocent but to be true I just don't find girls attractive or even worth looking. It actually made her a little bit curious about my sexual orientation. I've shared a lot of my secrets with her but revealing this would cause a lot of fuss that I'm not even bear to imagine. So how did you guys confront your best friend ?

2. Hexagon

"That guy is fucking hot"
    "That girl is fucking hot"
    "Are you bisexual?"
    "Yeah"

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's how this situation will play out in my head:
    Me: "Hey guys, I'm gay"
    Friends: "...ok, so are we..."

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

:roflmao::roflmao:

4. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friends already knew... I wasn't the most femenine gay guy, but I wasn't very masculine either.

Your friends may suspect about you, but that doesn't mean you have to come out to them or confront them right away. When your sure of yourself and have build enough courage, that's a good time. I recommend coming out to your best friend first. Their most accepting of this kinds of things, cause they know you better for who you are inside :wink: That way, she or he can be their with you, when you come out to your other friends.

Best of wishes! :thumbsup:

5. animequeen567

One of my friends actually knew. The rest I just told randomly on skype or in person.

6. Munyal

My friends before I told them: "Hey Alexander, isn't Emma's cousin hot?" (They are girls)
    Me:...

My friends after I told them: "Hey Alexander, isn't Emma's cousin hot?"
    Me: "No, no he is not."
    My friends: "You need to see a counselor. He is a damn good specimen of the male species."
    Me: "He is not Luciano Costa"
    My friends: "Ooh who's that?"
    Me: "Use Google"

And so on and so forth.

7. jimL

I just told him.....he didn't take it very well. But has come around and is OK.

I was in Kuala Lumpur last summer. Cool place.

8. hkboy93

Try to do it in private place. I feel sorry for your government who says guys that wear v-necks are gay.

9. vyvance

Me: "By the way, I'm gay."

Him: "Ok. Wanna play Borderlands?"

10. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Well what friends I did have were at work and it's the same with most people that meet me just listening to how I talk seems to give it a way so they guessed before I told them.
    They were fine, if people close to you are your so called friends then they will accept you no matter your sexuality.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't confront them. I just told them. "I'm gay. I'm telling you this because we're friends, and I think you can handle that information."

Lex

12. Stevie lane

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree when I came out I lost a few friends but that's shows that they weren't real friends you just need to be honest with them x

13. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I got really lucky. One of my friends decided to tell me that he was attracted to guys, and so I told him that I liked him, and we've been kind of flirting ever since. Some of my other friends kind of assume that I'm gay, so yeah. I'm definitely not coming out to everyone, because some of the other people that I hang out with are homophobic, so I don't want them to find out.

14. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Damn, that's the exact way it went with me..
    Except replace with korean pop stars.

15. biggayguy

I have a very cool friend. He owned a music shop in San Francisco in the 60's. The Grateful Dead and other groups came to his shop. When I told him I was bi' his response was "So...that's nice."

16. LinkLarkin

I knew my best friends would be cool with it because another friend has been out forever... so I just made sure I was comfortable with my identity, waited until the time felt right, then told them I had to talk to them about something, took a deep breath and just said it. Both of them were happy enough to have a conversation with me about it, which was what I was more comfortable doing than brushing it aside.

17. myFTMtransition

We were playing spin the bottle/ truth or dare, basically both spin the bottle as if to ask a person truth or dare, so my friend, Randy, landed on me and asked if I was attracted to girls and I said that it had to be a certian type of girl with a certian look for me, then another friend landed on me later and asked if I still wanted to be a guy (was questioning my identity at the time), and I said yeah, then my brother landed on me, (We were 12 at the time, I did motorcrossing pretneding to be a boy), he asked me if I was attracted to a guy more in the room than my best friend as in a crush ( I grew up with the 12 guys were were playing with and was thought of as one of them), and I said yes, then my secret boyfriend, a buddy of mine, asked me if I wanted to tell the others we were dating behind there backs and I kissed him. They were shocked and freaked out by they were happy and were saying things like 'I knew something was going on with those two!' or 'It took you long enough to tell us!'. It was a great coming out as a gay frm experience for me with my best friends, no brothers.