1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do YOU do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hudson, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Hudson

Work-wise! Or school-wise!

I'm a Vice President for a major international commercial bank - I love my job. :slight_smile:

School-wise, I'm working on my Graduates/MBA (with an emphasis on Global Banking and Finance).

And you all? :slight_smile:

2. Diego89

How are you vice president of a bank? How old are you, if you don't mind telling that is. I just don't see myself as a vp of anything in the near future, haha.

As for your question, I just got my law degree and working on a firm.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a soon to be junior in high school. I take stats for the softball, men's basketball, and baseball teams here. I am the newly elected president of my school's FBLA chapter, and I'll also be joining FCCLA next year, as it's the only class I have for 7th hour. I'm also the new team captain for my school's Academic Bowl team, and I was co-captain last year as a sophomore, and was the 5th place overall player in my conference and district. You could say I'm an overachiever XD

4. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's see - school wise - In 2002, I was going for my bachelors in criminal justice - my emphasis was on forensics (I had FBI aspirations) I completed courses to get my crime scene technician license - 36 credits, but didn't finish - I loved it though - my final project for my license, 20 pages on the stages of decomposition. BUT had a house fire - got pregnant - life takes over and next thing you know your working as a receptionist to pay the bills.

Right now I work for one of the largest accounting firms, my official title is Operation Services Sr. Rep. - what do I do - I am a facilities/meeting planner/customer service/catering liaison/Audio Visual Technician kind of rep.

My plans have change - I really dig the meeting/party planning aspect of my job and I am really good at. I have planned roughly 10-12, 100 to 300 person events in the last 7 years (on some ridiculous budgets I may add) and made them fabulous. So I think that's where I am heading. But ehhh who knows.

#4 Jonimarie, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. castle walls

Currently, I'm working in the education field but I hope to get out of that field in a year or two

6. LinkLarkin

I'm halfway through a physics degree! Hoping to complete a PhD when I finish but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of my life taking a more unexpected turn.

7. BudderMC

Working on my bachelor's (and eventually my professional license) as a materials engineer.

I do relief work now in group homes for individuals with developmental disabilities. I also volunteer a lot with the same agency, with my university (faculty, residence, etc.), and a certain support forum :wink:

8. Hudson

I'm 24.

Long story short: graduated high school early, worked full time in banking since 18 while earning my BS (and now Graduates/MBA), made a name for myself in the industry in the San Francisco area, and was recruited to my current institution last year as AVP, and was promoted early this year to VP.

I wanted to be in banking since I was a kid (I'm weird, I know), so I literally took my first position and ran with it (in a good way). :slight_smile:

9. Hexagon

Me, I've just decided I'm a student. Doing sociology, psychology and maths. Then I'll go to university and do philosophy.

10. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Homeschooled. I'm severely disabled and the schools here don't deal with it well at all. Too young to work and I probably couldn't anyway.

11. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Umm, just quit my last job as a dishwasher (omg AWFUL) and crossing my fingers this thing on close at Taco Bell goes through?

But hey your thing is kewl too, lolz.....

12. timo

I'm an urban designer. Or actually that's what I will be in a year once I've finished uni.

13. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually going for my second year. Going for my bachelors degree in criminal justice :slight_smile:
    My concentration is in Forensic Investigation. Sorry for the house fire (*hug*) It sucks when unexpected events happen and change everything :frowning2: But hey, you seem to be enjoying your work right now. Plus you're a momma! Not all changes are bad :icon_redf

Currently unemployed, but searching...

14. 303pilot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a baggage handler for an airline. I'm close to finishing my bachelor's degree in Aeronautics and am in pilot training. I eventually want to be an airline pilot.

15. Hiems

I'm in a pharmacy program working towards a bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical sciences and a degree in pharmacy.

I was a teaching assistant during the Spring but currently unemployed. Atm I'm job hunting for a pharm tech position. A lot of places I've contacted don't need pharm techs, so I might just apply for other jobs...

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm in Year 12 of highschool, mainly focusing my studies in psychology, music, and biological sciences. Going to University next year to major in microbiology, perhaps become a biotechnician or biophysicist, or major in Australian Sign Language and become an interpreter.

I'm a sales associate and stock worker for a music/record shop I've been employed at since I was 15. I work most of the evening after I'm out from school. And I do love my job.

17. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a 3rd year undergraduate psychology student.

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2013 at 01:57 PM ----------

I was homeschooled too, due to bullying and the resulting emotional impact. After years of fighting with the school system, my parents decided they couldn't possibly mess me up any worse than the school was doing already. One of the best decisions they ever made.

18. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    School wise I am on a Masters course training to be a social worker. I've been studying social sciences since I was a teenager and have a degree in Sociology, so it's a rather suited career. :grin:

Work wise I've been working at a substance misuse organisation as a Recovery Worker in the Aftercare department. That tends to require working with clients who are working towards maintaining abstinence, and assisting that using recovery or psychosocial modalities, which influence the care plan structure. My favourite aspect of it has been the group work sessions, of which I've ran the Life Skills group.

I also obviously do work on here, and also for the organisation that EC operates under. :slight_smile:

19. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I graduated in May with a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration. I moved to a new city the literal day after graduation and then a few weeks ago I was hired to work as a Help Desk Analyst, it's an entry level IT position for a pretty major credit card company, and I was also hired as a scheduling assistant (it's basically an assistant management position) at a global customer service training company. Both of them have their perks and I'm able to work remotely from home from both positions on some days of the week on free laptops. It's pretty nice.

I'll be here until either next year when I start applying to schools for my master's degree, or until the grant I was working on as an undergraduate is approved, if it gets approved at all, and I'm able to move back home and actually work in my field, in the office where I interned.

Either way, I'm pretty happy now. ^_^

#19 Kidd, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  20. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I work for a U.S. congressman right now, and I'll be working in his campaign next year. I'm majoring in strategic communication and political science, and will be working part-time tutoring and public opinion polling for my university's poli sci department this upcoming school year.