1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insomnia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VelvetEYES, Jul 4, 2013.

1. VelvetEYES

It's 5:30am where I am...huuuuuuh. Can't sleep. I think its because I'm excited about all the crap I'm going to be doing today (4th). Going to the lake. Gonna go schwimmen today (!) Gonna get trashed with the family too lol.

2. Hexagon

There are activities more conducive to sleep than posting on EC :wink: Such as lying on your bed with your eyes closed.

Sorry :grin:

In all seriousness, since its so late, I'd recommend caffeine.

3. VelvetEYES

:lol: That's what I was thinking. I might go in the kitchen and cook up some breakfast. Bacon sounds good right now.

4. srslywtf

OH, I call that 'not being able to sleep cos I'm excited!'

Have fun!

To me, insomnia is not being able to sleep because you can't escape all the soul-crushing negativity and stress of your job.

5. VelvetEYES

Yeah but I woke up at like 4am and now the sun's up. I guess I'll go get some coffee.

I get normal bouts of insomnia here and there from being a work-a-holic so I know what you mean. I normally combat that by exercising. I do the Insanity routine. And if you're not tired after doing that, something is wrong with you lol.

I'm sorry you get that stressed at your job though :icon_sad: Music always relaxes me so if you can listen to it while on the job I suggest that. I had an art exhibit where I had to put up of my work and it stressed me the fuck out. Didn't sleep right til after the reception later that week so I def get it.

6. Hexagon

See, guys and your work stress - I'd happily have work stress, cos that would mean I had a job.

7. srslywtf

trade ya? I'm about to throw the towel in despite not having another job lined up. I spoke to my parents when I was visiting them this week and promised I'd try to hold out for a month longer but I dont know if I will be able to. every moment is pain.. there is no way I could ever come out there. I think that place is half the reason why I was so out of touch with myself/repressed all this time.

As for music.. yeah we were allowed to listen to music, but then superasshole, my new boss came along and decided we couldnt have anyone finding their job bareable now could we!?

Bringing things back to the topic of insomnia, this site has some great mixes for sleeping.. I put them on at super-low volume and even if i cant get to sleep, it helps relax me.
    lowlightmixes.blogspot.com

8. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I suffer from a lot of insomnia, which my doctor believes is down to anxiety and every night I wake up really hot and sweaty, Such a shame I don't have someone who can get hot and sweaty with me (*hug*)

9. VelvetEYES

I can get insomnia from the temp in the room not being to my liking as well. I like to sleep in a chilled room. I love cold in general. I think it's because I'm a winter baby lol.

But anyways, when I was still in college, we could only adjust the temperature in the room by maybe 6 degrees or so. Used to drive me mad. Not cold enough in the summer, and too hot in the winter. On top of that I couldn't strip because I had roommates. I normally don't sleep with much of anything on but panties lol.

But like I said earlier what I do most of the time to combat it is hard exercise. But if I do it too late in the day I can't sleep either lol and I try to avoid the urge to nap right after a hard workout too. Taking naps interrupts my sleep cycle.