1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on NSA?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I don't want anyone saying "no don't do it" nor do I want anyone telling me to "go for it". I just want your general thoughts on it whether you do it, want to do or never do it. Anything you'd like to share.

NSA - No strings attached sex basically

2. Hexagon

Uh... why not, if I feel like it? I can imagine it might be nice once in a while. Never done it though.

3. AlamoCity

When I first saw the title, I thought of the National Security Agency. I'm such a dork. No opinion on the no strings attached, but provided you're safe both from STIs/STDs and personal safety, I don't see an inherent problem. Though I personally want a more meaningful relationship.

#3 AlamoCity, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    is it bad if i thought of the National Security Agency when i saw the title?

and no strings attached would be cool as hell i want some of that

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

:roflmao:

Oh man! I can't change the title now

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done it and it gets old...fast!

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're gonna do it, be safe.

But remember, the NSA is watching. :S

8. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the NSA is watching yr NSA sex

9. Harve

Good to know I wasn't the only one about to launch into a politically-fuelled rant until I read the thread!

10. Hexagon

I'm interested to hear the rant now. Maybe we should start another thread.

11. biggayguy

If you keep at it with the same person strings start to grow from my experience.

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh man, I clicked on this because NSA as in the National Security Agency. But uh...I don't want to say I have, but sadly I have. This person really was interested in me and I just shut him out. I feel bad for doing this :frowning2:

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    National Security Agency, I thought we were going to have a debate about Edward Snowden Lol

Only messing, I have considered NSA as I have done it in the past, but not all the way :slight_smile:

14. Blu

Blu

I was recently about to start this kind of relationship but I was in a bad place at the time and was not thinking. I also didn't know what NSA was but even after I found out I was still going to Do it. Thankfully though this forum i found my answer and never went though with it. I know it would have been a night I would have maybe killed myself for when it was done because it went against everything I want sex to be.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I thought this was a political discussion, as the new government spying department here in the States is the National Security Agency and that's the new controversy, because they've "secretly" been tapping your phones, when that's been public knowledge since the Bush administration authorized wiretapping in 2006.

As for no-strings-attached sex, I think it's fun to do once or twice, but I'd never get into a habit of it. The couple flings I've had, I actually did feel an emotional connection to them afterwards, and they certainly did not.

16. justjade

Eh.... It's OK. Don't really like it, but I can't deny that, in the past, I've found it pretty convenient although I felt really bad about it afterwards.

17. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yikes, the HQs are about 15 miles away from here, and I pass by them going to work...very, very creepy. I think this kind of spying needs to stop...

Oh, wait, this is about no strings attached sex.

Well, I think there's always some strings attached; planning, anticipation, expectations, fear of disease, safety...I don't think there can never be 'no strings'.
    Besides, rope can be fun.

18. castle walls

I’m basing my opinion on my knowledge of social psychology, noticing many of my friends have terrible experiences with no strings attached sex, and noticing a few of my friends succeed at having no strings attached sex.

I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with having no strings attached provided everyone involved is being honest (not cheating on anyone) and preferably safe. While it isn’t inherently wrong, I think some problems can arise so people really need to think before they try no strings attached sex. The one problem that can occur regardless of whether you’re having no strings attached sex with the same person or having no strings attached sex with multiple people is that it is possible to get too attached. No strings attached sex is not for everyone. I can't stress that enough. If a person isn’t able to separate between romantic feelings and sexual contact (personally, I don’t think that most people can) then they should stay away from no strings attached sex. There is nothing wrong with associating all sexual contact with romantic feelings but, if that is what you do, you should stay away from no strings attached sex because it probably won't end well for anyone involved. Getting too attached isn’t the only problem that can arise. These problems differ a little based on if you’re with the same person or different people.

For the same person . . .

I think the problem with no strings attached sex with the same person is that a lot of people either blur the lines between no strings attached sex and a relationship and get attached and/or they don’t put any effort to a no strings attached sexual relationship. If an individual is having no strings attached with the same person (a friends with benefits type situation) and they started acting like they’re in a relationship (going on long trips together and so on), then it is probably more likely that someone will get too attached.
    I think another issue with no strings attached sex is that a lot of people don’t realize how much effort it requires. It isn’t as difficult as a romantic relationship but it isn’t as easy as various movies and television shows would make you believe. It takes a lot of communication. Boundaries and expectations need to be communicated beforehand.

For different people. . .

The issues that can arise from no strings attached sex with the same person can arise here as well. However, in this situation, focusing on safety is even more critical. STDs aren’t the only issue here. You can meet some dangerous people if you’re having no strings attached sex with people you don’t really know.

TL;DR: Regardless to if you’re with the same person or multiple people, safety, honesty, and communication is paramount. No strings attached sex is not for everyone.