1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update + I need help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Quitex, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Quitex

Quitex Guest

A quick update:
    I've been away from here a little this days... I have talked with some of you during this days and well... it has been good overall :grin:
    My dad is still a bitch with me... :/ but I have to deal with it.

There is something that has me very down. I met a guy (he is 20) on internet. We've talked for a lot, he showed me his pics, I showed his, and he is a great guy. We talk a looooot (hours, literally) and it makes me so happy, he is amazing.
    But we live like a gazzillion miles away (He's on Utah) and I *know* it is just an internet relationship, which is basically... what makes me depressed. Everytime I feel like I finally found someone for me, he is either straight and in a relationship or just a good guy on the other side of the planet.
    And I'm afraid I won't be ok with him being in a relationship with me because of the distance. I hate that. :help: but he is so nice and he really cares about me... :tears:

2. LOVEjames

A lot of internet relationships work out. It just takes a lot of time. Don't give up on it. :slight_smile:

3. Tim

Tim

Never give up on it :slight_smile: My family is the classic example of that, my sister is getting married to a guy she met online soon. (granted, the proposal will be in october, so soon is what you define it as :astonished:).

But I know how you feel, I met a great person in Rome, we talked a total of 25 hours in 2 days and I developed a massive liking of him, which saddened me cause Rome is halfway around the world lol, and he apparently liked me too, but then one of his crushes at school asked him out, and he's been ignoring me since -.- So that you may need to be aware of. (Not trying to be mean, just preparing you for the worst, though most people wouldn't do that)

4. Louise

Distance does add another problem to a relationship. Why don't you just try to keep it as a friendship for the moment and see how things work out. Don't give up on a potential friendship before it even gets off the ground because of this though.

Get to know each other and then visit one another, thats what trains/planes are for. Of course there is the financial problem for paying for travel costs but you can always get a job and save up, each of you taking turns to visit the other. Nothing is insurmountable if you really set your mind to it.

Easier said than done, sure but I just wanted to show you that not ALL is lost, just more difficult.

5. Brandford

id had-have similliar but since we both are 15 we decided not to try, then id had the exact same problem with a 14 year old, but since ur 17 probably almost 18 and hes 20, u have a great chance

6. Quitex

Quitex Guest

@ Louise: The issue is that both of us really don't want it to end with *yet* another online friendship. I can tell you, when you talk long hours and really wishes we're together (in real life, like at least *shrugs* same country, or state in his case) it is hard to just leave it as a "friendship". I am used to be disappointed because since I was "straight" or should I say "Gay in denial" all the girls rejected me. I don't want to be disappointed anymore.... but now that I finally have the chance to have something with someone that really shows that he cares, wants and tries, we can't, because we're thousands of miles away! Uggh.