1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Come Out to My Catholic Mom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by munchkin97, Jul 4, 2013.

1. munchkin97

Out Status:
    All but family
    My mom is extremly catholic and I dont know how to come out to her. I tried posting a lot of lgbt stuff on my facebook but as soon as she saw it she told me to stop. Now Im scared to come out. I already now my dad would be more or less okay with it because his brother was gay. But my mom idk anymore.. HELP PLEASE!

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't. If you want my opinion id wait until I could support myself. I didnt think my mom would like mthe fact that I ws trans and shure enough, she didnt. She pushed me away and said her religioun is worth more to her than me. If she is like that id suggest keeping it on the down -low. In the end however, you know your parents better than me so youll probably make the right descision. Good luck whatever you do!

3. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    Sometimes, it's worth the wait. I understand staying closeted is stressful, but living under constant scrutiny is even worse in my opinion.

4. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you could tell your dad if you think he would be ok with it and then ask him how your mam would take it as he would probably know her better.

5. biggayguy

If she's that extreme I would wait.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my, this is totally exactly my situation right now haha exactly :slight_smile: Now all you need to include is that your mom wants you to be happy no matter what and then this would be absolutely uncanny.

But to echo what everyone else said, I would wait until you can support yourself.