1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katjs, Jul 5, 2013.

1. katjs

Hi im 16 and i think I may be a lesbian but I'm not sure. I think I like a girl but I'm not sure. I have had only two boyfriends but I never felt like they were my boyfriend I felt like we were friends. I guess I've never. Really liked anyone. I feel a strong connection with this girl. We've kissed held hands and we talk about dating each other but she says she wouldn't date me cause she dated my older brother awkward... Anyway I always find myself thinking about how beautiful girls are and I find myself always thinking about doing stuff with a girl. I'm nit sure if I like boys. I currently tell people I'm bisexual because I know I have at least some attraction to girls. I'm not sure if I like guys though. I probably sound stupid and im probably overthinking this. How can I figure out if I like guys? Could this all just be a faze? Am I going crazy?

2. Kamina

I read somewhere that "everything is a phase, for example I'm in my eating and breathing phase right now" and I find that beautiful, it's simplistically true. So no worries and I'm in the same boat with less experience so you're off to a good start! For me I realised that I was "pretty gay" as my orientation lable states, when I began looking at girls a little more than I should (by social norms) :icon_wink and THEN I really began noticing girls more and more. So it's a process. You will get there!

Hope that was helpful :lol: Feel free to message if you want to chat! (!) :thumbsup:

3. katjs

Thanks for your replie. Also I love doctor who that's an awesome picture of mat. So you say your pretty gay I hope I don't sound rude but I don't know if I understand could you explain exactly what you mean? Thanks

4. Kamina

Lol thanks I love matt smith!! And np I don't mind at all!

Basically I say that because I find it easier than saying Bi or Lesbian because, to me, they seem 100% or 50% split in attraction. I didn't realise you could be bi leaning straight or gay until I began questioning! So I choose to say "pretty gay" with a Kinsey scale rating. It works well for me, not so well for others. It's really just a preference.

Here's a graphic of the Kinsey scale (its a URL because my tab won't let me post photos)
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=kins...Xi4AOJuICIAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=600&bih=1024

5. rjrh20

I have also had two boyfriends and the were just friends, I wasn't like sexually attracted to them. Recently I just decided that I was just dening the fact that I was lesbian. I just basically took it in and now I just feel like I fit in more and im more me. You might just not be to terms with yourself, also I don't think that it is common at all to think you are gay and not actually be gay. Although it might be a phase it probably isn't the best thing to do is to just take it in. Hope this helps.

6. katjs

I feel a bit better knowing you kinda went through the same thing. Thanks for the reply

---------- Post added 7th Jul 2013 at 09:14 AM ----------

Oh I get it. Well that's an interesting way of explaining.