1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SwiftKnight, Jul 6, 2013.

1. SwiftKnight

Hi! I think I'm les, but I'm seriously not sure. I'm 18 this year and nobody but ONE person (which is a guy that likes me. Long story but we're good friends now) knows about this. For my family, my parents are definitely homophobic, not sure about my siblings though. I feel like if I don't say anything, people would definitely assume I'm straight cause I don't fit the stereotype of a lesbian at all (and I'm shy so yeah. Cause most lesbians in my society are loud and cool and all) and I don't know what to do! Should I come out or should I just focus on my studies first? And my friends, they are also kinda homophobic which makes me feel kinda sad. I feel like I can't be my real self and be REALLY close to anyone like this. It's like for the past few years my friends have been talking about cute guys and initially I went along and pretended I'm obsessed over those cute guys too but now I just kinda not care unless they are really handsome (I will be attracted but not in the romantic sense) but sometimes I really wonder if I'm gay or straight. I've had a few major crushes on girls but I guess all the girls seem to be straight (and worse one of the girls even helped a guy to woo me :frowning2: ) so it's kinda sad lol. Or should I just wait until I have the chance to go overseas/migrate to a safer LGBT place? Ahh idk and I'm quite sad I have no close LGBT friends so I have to come to this forum and seek advice. I'm just super scared that when I do come out I have no support and my life will be over and blahblah. But don't worry I'm nt suicidal or anything I'm just feeling it kinda sucks to be in this situation. :icon_sad:
    I've thought of going to lgbt bars but uh I'm afraid ill get caught or smth cause the place I live in is really small. A little red dot.

Yeah. Felt so much better just typing that out.

2. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

I am 18 and bi. So, don't worry you aren't alone. :slight_smile: I have the same thoughts as you, as I too feel like I can't be my real self around anyone. :frowning2:

For now, given your circumstance I would likely stay in the closet in your real life but talk with people online so you don't feel so lonely. I have been doing that for a bit and it does help. Sorry, can't give much more help than that because I am also new. :slight_smile: