1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear friends, I am taking another step on the long path to being out today.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SeaMist, Jul 6, 2013.

1. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm writing this post so that I can hold myself accountable for coming out today. I'm going to a gathering of my social group tonight, and have written out a short note explaining to this boy, Jack, how to get to a coming out poem I wrote. You see, dear readers of this post, Jack has had a crush on me, and I thought I liked him back, and while we never dated, we exchanged poems and conversations and cuddled together during movies. And something felt wrong, which is ultimately what lead to the self reflection which resulted in me figuring out that I am gay. We're both going to be there tonight, and I want him to hear if from me before I tell the others. I'm already out to a bunch of my friends, but all of them have been either very close friends or else acquaintances (Games of truth or dare always result in some bit of information sliding out of someone...). I'm afraid that I'm going to chicken out, even though I'm not verbally coming out or even giving him a letter; I'm just giving him the pieces of paper that will let him get to my 'letter'. Thanks for all the support, EC :slight_smile:

2. LD579

Good luck to you. I wish you the best.

3. MixedNutz

Hope all went well!