1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Pics on Facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by twospiritlycan, Jul 6, 2013.

1. I was thinking, would it be bad to post pictures of me dressed as a girl? I have at least five people on Facebook who know I'm questioning my gender, and they know I'm bisexual. But I also have some old friends who I'm not out to. I'm not sure of the outcome that could happen because some of them are pretty neat friends, and a couple who I know will definitely confront me about it.

Is it considered a bad move on my part if I do post pics on Facebook?

2. rjrh20

I would say, don't post the pictures if losing those friends means a lot to you, but if you think people should know who you are than post them. If I were you I would just trust my gut and if people say rude things don't let them hurt your feelings. Lastly no matter what stay true to yourself.

3. LEG7930

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I personally prefer something more personal for coming out, so I probably wouldn't post the pictures on Facebook until all of my close friends/family members knew, and then I would use that to let other people (who I don't talk to on a regular basis) know. But people are different, so you need to do what you feel comfortable with, and if you feel like this is a good way to let everything out, then do it.

4. TheMightyBoosh

:newcolor: Well I know of someone who did that on Facebook, first she put a post up saying who she really was, (Mtf) and came out then put up a photo of her :') and she got loads of positive feedback, and looked amazing and it was so awesome to see that people were supporting her,
    I know Facebook would be a really easy way of coming out, (not really but you understand, like not having to do whole face to face) what with you don't have to talk, it's typing and also you don't have to individually keep telling people when they question you, as i know it can get annoying
    having to keep repeating yourself over and over gets tiring. :slight_smile:

Whoever are your real friends will accept you, (&&&) for some it may not be so easy but may
    come around and the one's who can't accept you...well aren't worth your time

Do only what you feel comfortable, but make sure those closest to you know first so they can support you if posting pics is what you decide to do, I mean we all want to post pics of ourselves and this is who you are and you should be able to post pics just like everyone else, maybe take a few photos and see what a few of your friends think/feel
    :icon_bigg

I hope thing's go well and it's not a bad move on your part if you decide to...
    [​IMG]

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::king:

5. these are good responses. Thanks. I'll have to think about it then.

6. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    for my method of coming out thats a great thing to do.
    what i do, is not say im bisexual, or do anything to obvious, and i know eventually theyll just ask me about it.

If you wanna be out to everyone, post the pictures, if not, dont