1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out... again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rice and Pepper, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lately I 've been having the urge to tell my mom "Mom, I am gay". Just that, bluntly. The thing is, I have already told her that I am gay, and she has come to terms with it.

It's not like I need any advice. I was just wondering, has this ever happened to you? Why do you think I feel that way? Is this an indication that I am ready to completely get out of the closet?

2. LD579

Maybe you want to tell other people that you're gay?

Or maybe your mom hasn't brought up that you've told her or anything, or maybe she avoids the topic or things close to it, and so you want to tell her once more... I'm not sure.

This hasn't happened to me, to answer your first question.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get you Dude, I came out to my Mom a few Months ago & the subject has never arisen again, it is as if I have never told her & I most definitely have :slight_smile:

4. Ritor365

Well has she discussed it with you at all? Maybe you're feeling like you need to reassure her about it and need to make it clear?

5. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have discussed the matter thoroughly. The only thing we haven't discussed is about crushes, sex and such.

The truth is, she is indeed avoiding the subject sometimes, but because she doesn't know how to touch it. For example, she was telling me about the son of her colleague, who has some psychological problems, AIDS and in general his life isn't going all that well. And at some point she wanted to say that he is gay, not in a negative way though. But instead of just saying gay, she paused and then said homosexual. It sounded to me a little cold and distant, like the word you use to avoid insulting someone gay. In my country the word gay is mostly used negatively. You will rarely hear it used properly. But homosexual on the other hand is way too formal. So, I have been feeling that there is still a gap between me and my mom. However, it doesn't seem that this is the reason I want to come out again. (But don't ask me why I wrote all that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

To be honest, I myself have used the word gay only a few times. I think only three times. But now I am starting to accept it. This is getting long, but lately I have been feeling strangely alive. I feel like i could answer to a dumbass "Yeah motherf*****, I am gay!". It's something completely new to me. I care much less about my studies and I feel like singing and dancing almost every day. I was always cheerful, but not like this. I am even thinking of getting a rainbow bracelet, while I used to hate wearing anything on my wrists. I have also noticed that when I wake up, I smile for no reason.

I feel like my brain's structure is changing, as if I was becoming another person. Is that part of coming out to yourself? I don't feel like I have recognized a new side of myself. I just feel like "Lalalala! What a wonderful day! Lalalala!" all the time, even when I am bored or have to do something i don't want to.