1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to two of my best friends in 4 days...How should I do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BadCanadaJoke, Jul 7, 2013.

1. BadCanadaJoke

Ok,next step my two other female friends and after I've told them there's only one left that I want to tell right now...
    We've been great friends with them for many years now and I know they love me very much.
    Even so,for this reason I am the most worried about telling them because I don't know and I can't guess how they'll react...
    I feel like I should prepare them,educate them first... They haven't had any gay friends and I think they need some explaining on the basics and to make them understand that it's not sth I chose or that I can change(we don't want another fiasko! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    Should I joke about it? Like "Hey girls,I don't find the Kardashians sexy and there's a reason"
    or ...?!
    :/ I feel like I should pretty much have a speech ready and I don't know how to start it...

2. LinkLarkin

I'd say don't start off with a joke if you think you're going to need to have a serious conversation about it. That doesn't mean you can't be lighthearted though. Just tell them you need to tell them something but make clear it isn't anything bad, then just say it before you can change your mind.

Some people write scripts for themselves but I don't personally find it to be necessary. Just say what you think you need to say (which at its most basic is "I'm gay"), then let them ask any questions they have.

Good luck!

3. rjrh20

I would say don't stress it. The worst they can do is be a little uncomfortable as I take it they aren't homophobic. The uncompfort will go away with time.

4. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well I'm pretty well known about splurting out random facts... so I kept on telling random facts about gay brain structure and psychology until I just said I have that brain structure and psychology. It kinda took the edge of since they kinda figured it out before I ever directly told them... sorry I couldn't be more of a help but you could do something similar... drop small hints until they're almost sure of your sexuality... and if you're ever looking for a reason to explain why you didn't choose to be gay I have one....female brains are completely symmetrical while male brains have the right side bigger. Therefore when we were born we got the brains of females but male bodies so you couldn't change it even if you wanted. Hope I helped :slight_smile: