1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pressing need to come out to her

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Black Swan, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Black Swan

Where to begin?

I'm out to mum, dad and brother. They are all pretty supporting, especially mum and brother, and dad is good too but doesn't really talk about it much. :slight_smile:

I'd always planned to come out to friends after school has finished, but now I'm changing my mind. Yes there is the danger of it spreading around, but it is a risk I'm wiling to take. I'd also pledged never to come out to crushes due to the misguided conception they might be in the closet.

Well I have a crush. She's funny, smart, and I have a big hunch she likes me back. She constantly flirts with me, calls me cute, hugs me etc. And I found out she's gay when I looked at her fb page.

I could come out to her, we are good friends anyway... plus I'm hoping it will go somewhere. Even if it doesn't, well she's gay so she'd be a lot less uncomfortable than a straight girl anyway.

I just need to come out to someone who is neither related to me nor my bestie right now. Should I do this? Advice EC? (&&&)

2. LD579

I... don't really see what the problem is. It sounds like you're kinda in a good place right now. You could come out to this crush of yours, and maybe your best friend, too (Or are they the same person? Or are you already out to your best friend? If I'm being inconsistent, I apologize).

Alternatively, you could come out to other friends first. I'm guessing it'd be more of a casual affair when you do so... but I could be wrong. Do whatever works for you, but if anything unfortunate happens, I'm betting your family and this crush friend of yours and your best friend will have your back and then some :wink:

3. Black Swan

Thanks Luthan, the problem is that I'm scared of coming out. And no, best friend is not the same person as crush. I just wondered if anyone was in a similar situation. Maybe I'm just looking for reassurance that this is a good thing to go ahead with. Btw coming out to my bestie is not possible right now (homophobic, tedious relationship). I'm mustering courage to come out to close but not best friends, and I am closer to her than any others, I know it would be ok with her.

#3 Black Swan, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. apandemisexual

Out Status:
    A few people
    What's the worst case scenario?
    If it happens, will you regret it?

5. Batman is swag

OMG congrats on finding a fellow lovely lesbian lady! (Where can I find some?) LOL sorry just had to say that.

But I'm really happy for you, and I would definitely go for it-especially since you guys are already good friends, and she's gay, it will most likely go over very well.

Good luck! =))) <333 Keep us posted... (*hug*)(*hug*)(!)(!):icon_bigg:eusa_clap